//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help with my 200x!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksweeney092 View Post
    And how do I post pictures lol

Yeah, the 250 top end sounds a bit odd. Maybe the dude you bought it from bored the snot out of it...

Pictures on 3WW - By far the easiest way I have found is to use Tap-A-Talk app.

Sometimes I type all my words in, post the message, then add pics from my stupid, err, smart phone...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Why wouldn't you change the oil anyway? If it's not as clean as when it goes in, it oughta come out. ....a quart of oil isn't exactly a financial burden.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    We can't tell you if an oil change will fix it or if a clutch plate kit would fix it. That would be guesswork at best... It's impossible to correctly diagnose a motor that you haven't taken apart yet and inspected... You can't tell whether you really need new fiber plates or not until you take the clutch assembly apart, pull out all the plates and measure the thicknesses. $70 is allot of money to gamble without looking at the old parts first before you buy new stuff.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    The oil came out GRAYish? Was it kind of milky colored like gray mixed oil? Sounds like you might have had water in the oil.

We don't know what kind of oil was in the machine, it's possible it's the wrong stuff, could change the oil and run it for a short time with the right grade oil, then drain and fill again to help flush out the old + the possible water.

If it's the right oil and it's slipping, than at best the guess would be the clutch plates are worn. You could just take the side cover off and install a new $10 gasket to check the clutch fibers to see if they are in spec or not. You'd still want to replace the oil in either case, oil is never normally gray colored.

Looks like these were all done with new oil.

Here's another photo of more used oil and less mixed up.

Oil is normally amber/yellowish colored (new), and slowly turns brown and eventurally turns to black when it's gone way too long since an oil change. When it gets so black it isn't even shiny is when mechanics say the oil is charcoal black. I have a family member that buys new cars and never changes the oil for 100k miles, then sells the car. Always look at the oil of cars you're looking to buy, same with atv's.

--
    Would you happen to know what thickness clutch plates should be? And buying a quart of oil isn't the issue. I have oil.. I was planning on changing it anyways. The bike is at my parents house and I'm not always there to mess with it. Just trying to figure a few things out before I do decide to tinker with it

--
    The 200x is very sensitive to synthetic oil , that being said if it ever had synthetic oil or conventional car oil in it the plates are junk now , also fiber plates get hard and slip as well .
    If your clutch is slipping no matter the thickness of the plates it needs a rebuild .
    New fibers / steels and I recommend vesrah heavy duty springs .
    Most importantly use a good non synthetic wet clutch oil like Honda GN4 10w-40
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--

--
    @Ksweeney092

Any chance you could post some photos of your machine/engine. I just ran into a person on ebay that has a 250 engine going into an 85 200x frame, maybe it's the same engine as yours? I know basically nothing about it, but if it's a direct bolt in, might be an interesting option for 200 series machine owners. I'm guessing it might be a china clone engine of some sort.

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Would be pretty cool if it was a bolt in or minor mod engine especially if it shares some parts with the honda like you were saying in another post if thats the same engine

--
    Based on the person that messaged me about his 200x with a 250c engine, he's installed that exact engine in his 200x frame, so unless he's lying, it fits in the 200x frame. It comes with a harness and most supporting electronics, I noticed the battery cables, and left handle bar controls are not included in the kit. The person was buying an ignition switch off me for this machine and realized the connectors wouldn't match up to the aftermarket harness.

Since it's a CRF clone, I suspect the actual Honda CRF engines uses the same or similar engine mounting pattern.

Here's a build thread confirming the CRF idea, well post build thread xD.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...15517-Atc230x-!!!

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Ill post in the other thread you made about the motor i hate to hijack sombodys thread

--
    No do it up! I'm interested in all of this stuff lol feel free I enjoy reading

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //