//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my 200x!

--

Need help with my 200x!

Hey guys! I'm new to this site so take it easy on me! Just purchased a 1985 200x and I'm having some issues. It has a 250 top end and a 200x bottom end. Appears to have a 200x carb on it, although I'm not sure if they differ from the 200 to the 250. Anyways, it will start right up, but I've noticed when the choke is on it won't run and when the choke is off it will idle but hitting the gas bogs it ans has barely and power. It runs the best on half choke with great throttle response but it's totally gutless. it has loads of compression..
    I noticed the gas tank was pretty rusty inside after draining it and the gas was a dark grey. Yuck! Also I see there is no boot from the carb to the air cleaner. To me this sounds like a lean condition. What could be causing this? The dirty fuel? A dirty carb? The carb boot ? Wrong size carb? Off jetting? Please any advice would be highly appreciated. Would really like to get this thing running like a raped ape!

--
    Any and all of the above can cause lean conditions, based on the tank description, a jet is plugged up, or both jets are plugged. A different cylinder or exhaust effects carb jetting too, so the jets could be wrong as well.

Can we get photos of the engine? I'm not sure of a 250cc top end that bolts on the 200x engine, maybe there's a big bore kit or something, but I'm not aware of a stock top end swap though.

--
    Okay I will take pics when I get home. Now that you say that, the guy did tell me it's a 250 big bore. So what should I do? Buy the air box boot and clean the carb, will that fix it or will i still have to jet up? Forgot to mention it has a DG slip on too

--
    And how do I post pictures lol

--
    Probably just a .50 over bore . Which would give you around 3 more cc not 50cc lol .
    Sounds like the carburetor just needs serviced .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    I'm just going by what he told me lol and he did say the carb was brand new upon rebuild but if he was running it with crap gas you're probably right. So the carb boot and jetting wouldn't make a difference is what you're saying? Just a carb servicing?

--
    Brand new china carburetor ?
    Theirs your problem right their
    Find an original 200x carburetor and put a shindy carburetor kit in it and all will be happy .
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    China Carb = DooDoo
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I've owned the trike for one day, I have no idea what he had put on it. Where can I find a genuine 200x carb? Any ideas? For a reasonable price

--
    eBay or possibly here is your best bet to find a good used carburetor . The OEM Honda carburetor has been discontinued for ever .
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    Would you happen to know what carb exactly I'm looking for?7

--
    When I mentioned all of the above, I mean length of intake, size of intake etc effects jetting and air flow. Old vs new of the same size/shape wouldn't do anything unless it had a crack in it.

China carbs are hit and miss at best.

For the stock 200x carbs, they would be marked PD62A for 83, and PD62B for 84-85.

If you're using a cellphone, I can't be of much help for posting photos, but on pc, click "go advanced" at the bottom right of the quick reply box, then down a ways below the reply box is a "Manage Attachments" button, click that and a pop up some come up. Top right corner of the pop up says add files. You can click the + to get more photos to upload at once. Once you choose your photos, wait for them to pop up in the bottom bar and just close the window out. The Manage Attachments section should show the image details there. Once you hit submit reply, the photos will be at the bottom of your post. More advanced you can use the "insert inline" on the pop up to put the photos within the reply, but easier to just ignore that feature.

--
    Update: got her running great with this "China carb". A good cleaning and few adjustments did it. Now a new issue aroused. Clutch seems to slip under heavy throttle. Unless engine has been running for a bit and real warm. The oil does seem to be old and grayish looking. If I change oil will this fix the issue? What oil is recommended. Also do you think a clutch plate kit would fix this? Any advice? Also clutch cable is adjusted properly with slack.

--
    Find the right carb on ebay and ask YaegerB to pick out your carb kit. Drop ship both to him and wait a couple weeks. You get a carburetor as good as any in the country.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    The carb isn't the issue now it's the clutch. Refer to my last reply

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //