//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New member suspended 200s

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

New member suspended 200s

Hey yall new member here from the deep south Baton rouge, Louisiana. First I would like to start off by saying I am honered to be part of such an awesome trike forum there is a wealth of knowledge to be had here. I have an 84 200s I am in love with the bike that being said I would like to keep it and make it fully suspended I work in a machine shop I can machine, weld, and fab everything I need such as the swingarm shock mounts basically anything have a full machine shop here but I really hate to have to tear my bike down and not be able to ride for an extended period of time. So I guess my question is does anybody that has built their own swingarm have any dimentions they would be willing to share with me. Sure I could tear it down and with some trial and error figure it out but figured I would ask first before I did all that. I have searched the internet and have not ran across any. All help would be appreciated. I am going to be using chromoly and tig welding it with er70s-2 filler rods and am shooting for about a +2 swingarm. I will also be using the 450 hubs for a little wider stance and better options for rims and tires also a complete teardown to frame, better clutch and a complete top end rebuild. Might spice the motor up a little with a higher compression piston, mild cam, a not to obnoxius exhaust, and a little port matching and polishing. This is an awesome site I am on here almost everyday searching through the archives trying to learn all I can about these pieces of history I am going more for a restomod build make it look a little more modern. Thanks guys yall really seem like a great group of people full of knowledge and I hope to learn alot more from you guys.

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Whats the best way to post a pic of my bike? Would i need to use a image hosting site? When i click the picture button it says add url. Thanks Trey

--
    Ok i added a photo in my album of the bike

--
    Would be a whole lot easier to just buy a rolling chassis from a 83-85 Atc200x and put your motor in it .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    What would be a good shock to use? I have a 200e frame i could use for the axle carrier mounting plates width part of the swingarm. Also if i understand right i need to get the swingarm mounts as inline with the front sprocket as i can for chain tension purposes but can also use a chain tensioner if i dont get it perfect.

--
    I plan on doing that eventually. I really want to do a 250r or 350 build later down the line when i find the right deal but i plan on keeping this bike and its a rough ride in the cane fields. Plus i enjoy working on stuff and have a full machine shop at my disposal so why not you know. Heck i may even be able to find some steel tubing around here that will work doesnt have to be chromoly im not that worried about weight savings. It took me awhile just to find this bike without paying a fortune having somthing shipped. I paid 200$ for it had a new carb all i did was clean the tank change the oil air filter spark plug adjusted the carb and she runs like a top good compression doesnt smoke seems like it wasnt rode hard they claimed to use it only to go to the deer stand and back.

--
    Once i do this bike and get some good dimentions to go by and come out with a quality product i may be able to start making a bolt on or weld on kit for whoever is interested i could source everyrhing build the swingarm make it a package not interested in making a killing i would make it as affordable as possible i just enjoy machine work welding and fabricating.

--
    You could look for an old school PK bolt on Suspention kit and just copy it .
    They seem to pop up on eBay every now and then .
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    Good idea ill keep an eye out might make a few kits and put them on fleabay and see how they do. Would you happen to know what a good shock to use would be? Im thinking if i do make some bolt on would be the way to go most individuals are capable of installing that and maybe do weld ons per request.

--
    Would xl185s rear suspension shocks work can get them pretty cheap

--
    They are around 15.5 inches long i dont see a rating on them though

--
    Scratch that idea idk what i was thinking. What shock do you thik would work though?

--
    A shock off an old trx200 or fourtrax 300 would probably be a better choice .
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    10 4 thanks i will start looking for a decent one might just buy new so i know what i got

--
    What about fenders i would honestly like some white plastics without having to paint them if possible i dont have any problems modifying to make them fit. Any you can think of might work? Im going to start getting things together for a complete build. I seen a guy make banshee plastics work didnt look bad but finding a white tank to work is what im.thinking the problem will be. I know its just a 200s but i plan on keeping it so might as well trick it out it will be a good first build going for a sporty look. After i do this build i will be on the lookout for a 250 or 350.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //