//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New member suspended 200s

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    No but i know troy i crawfish near his store in pierre part i get my bait there CHOOT EM

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Does anyone think if i machined some brass bushings for the swingarm that would work pretty good or would i have to go with bearings? Maybe some type of harder plastic like nylatron? I have brass laying around. We use brass as bushings for slow speed gear shafts in valves and what not seems to last awhile.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Does anyone think if i machined some brass bushings for the swingarm that would work pretty good or would i have to go with bearings? Maybe some type of harder plastic like nylatron? I have brass laying around. We use brass as bushings for slow speed gear shafts in valves and what not seems to last awhile.
    Alot of us use Delrin swingarm bushings.

A couple of people here offer them for sale. I bought one set and machined my own second set on my 86R

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Post number 4 from shortline is the best or spend the coin for a bolt on aftermarket kit or just get a 250r/350x. Machine shop or no, theres No sense in chopping up a perfectly good hard tail frame when you have so many other options.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    What material did you use for bushings?

--
    Thats definately in the works when i find the right 250 or 350 within a few hours from me for now i really want to have suspension on this bike its going to be a rider and its my first 3 wheeler i would like to keep it and be able to ride it without beating my back up to bad. Not to mention i just enjoy working on stuff will give me a project until i find the next project and i will have a trike to ride while working on the 250 or 350 project. If i find a good aftermarket kit that would be nice so i can use it as a pattern to get dimensions from so i can build a few kits for anybody interested.

--
    I have a friend with a good 200x shock may see if i can make that work he is giving it to me

--
    Also i have a 200e i think it is for a parts motor would i be able to use the bottom end so i could have electric start if i could figure out a place for battery and how to wire it? Really dont like the hi/lo handle but i will deal with it for electric start.

--
    Or perhaps just use the e frame and have a little longer wheelbase i plan on useing wider hubs amd wider offset rims with a +2 swingarm im.thinking the longer wheelbase would be nice

--
    I will def be on the lookout for the right deal dont want to pay 2000 for one or have to drive out of state to get one. I want a fixer upper somthing i will.be proud of when im done with it. Im hooked i dont think there is any getting out of it for me i enjoy being the oddball i rarely see any around here anymore. Im a pretty damn good machinist and pretty decent at fab work i think i could produce a quality product that performs pretty good might be a little trial and error but thats all part of the game. I look forward to starting a build for everybody to follow this really is a great site i just have to figure out how to post pics

--
    Im going to put one of those racing number plates on the front my number is 69

--
    3 wheelers are higher than giraffe..... around here they have a 85 125 listed for 2500$ and a big red for 3800$ im just waiting on the right deal for a 250 or 350 thats y im going to go ahead amd start this build and save some more coin in the meantime could take a year or more before the right deal comes along.

--
    This ain't real

--
    Go look in the classifieds louisianasportsman.com they must think their gold around here they look to be all original in pretty dam good shape but shat thats high now they dont all go that high but i have seen many like that i will.just have to.wait for the right deal would rather it be local so i can.check the bike out but if it comes down to it i will have to see about having one shipped to me

--
    I do see a roller 200x on fleabay for almost 400$ but by time i buy that have it shipped i probably can make my s suspended and be happy with that until i find a good 250r or 350x

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //