//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Homemade fatcat

--

Homemade fatcat

I am building a fat cat from a atc 200 the frame is welded I cut a front fork in half and welded it to the back of the bike reinforced the heck out it and welded my sprocket onto the brake drum I need a motor now

--
    Any one who has built a homade bike tell me what you had advice would be much appreciated I have 25 inch tires and stock gearing 8 tooth front 42 rear and 25 inch tires I'm curious about top speed?

--
    Theres a few fatcat builds on youtube. I came across them one day when looking up trikes. Personally i'd rather a 3 wheeler anyday, i'd buy a dual purpose if I wanted 2 wheels for the woods
    Some things never go outta style '

--
    Ya for sure no way in hell im cutting a running trike up for that I have 3 chain driven seized parts trikes. Always wanted a fatcat doubt il find one so that's what Inspired the build its a super long bike so it's should climb mean hills

--
    You probably shouldn't weld your sprocket to the rear brake drum or anything else. When you have to replace it, you'll have to cut it back off and then weld another one in it's place. I have no idea how to mount it without welding. I just wanted to point that out.

--
    From what I've seen, people just mod the rear axle mounting area for a jack shift and a swing arm, similar version of what the missile kits used for the 250r.

--
    Yeah I know a lot of things on this bike I will redo later on eventually I would like a jack shaft so I could have a rear brake and a sprocket done right. That bike is pretty getto and the sprocket is tacked on so when the time comes il find a better idea I just wanna get this thing going

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    You probably shouldn't weld your sprocket to the rear brake drum or anything else. When you have to replace it, you'll have to cut it back off and then weld another one in it's place. I have no idea how to mount it without welding. I just wanted to point that out.
    . Yeah I know a lot of things on this bike I will redo later on eventually I would like a jack shaft so I could have a rear brake and a sprocket done right. That bike is pretty getto and the sprocket is tacked on so when the time comes il find a better idea I just wanna get this thing going.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //