//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 82 250R Woods / Harescramble Build Up

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

82 250R Woods / Harescramble Build Up

Well, I started a very similar thread about 2 or 3 years ago with only ideas and it never went anywhere. At that point in my life, I did more talking than doing. But, since I finally have a goal to work with, time and money to spend, and parts already installed, I'll take you along.

I bought 2 R's from the same guy. One is in pieces and the other one I'm building now. The one im building now came with a 200X front end. The parts bike came with a 83-84R front end. Both look like cow-dookie but ran good. The build started with rebuilding the rear caliper. I used the grease method to push the piston out. It works wonderfully but is a pain to clean all the holes out. I sandblasted it and its awaiting paint this week. Once I paint it, I will rebuild it.

Next, I ordered a DG headpipe. The only reason I bought it is my stock pipe was bent, dented, and didn't fit on the exhaust flange anymore. I don't like it at all and would happily go back to or trade for a good stock header pipe. The thing is annoyingly loud. It had a Dg silencer on it already and sounded awesome. I dont care for how loud DG pipes end up being :/

Looks freakin' awesome though.

I was switching my clutch levers around and adding some Pro Taper hand guards and fiddled with the clutch adjustment alot. No matter what I did, the clutch was waaay to hard. It had a new cable on it, so I decided to inspect the clutch basket and found this horror.

Luckily, I had an extra clutch basket from the parts bike. It had some light grooving that I need to file down, but its nothing compared to this junk.
    Anyone know of a clutch basket swap for these bikes? They are the same from 81-84. Only thing I come up with is 85-86 Hinson baskets.

I will be ordering some new clutch plates and pressure plates from Barrnett Clutches.

Next on the agenda is to get sprockets and chains. I will take a few parts off here and there to clean up and paint. Ill be building my 16x16 shop here shortly. Once that happens, I will be set up as a Mechanic's/Sandblasting/Powder Coating/Anodizing/Plating. My plan is to start doing all that as a business. Hopefully i can make something out of it.

Over the winter, I will send off the cylinder, shock, and forks to be repaired/rebuild/revalved. Hopefully I can run a few harescrambles this season, then go race the A class in Indiana/Ohio all next year.

This is the bike that I'm building on now.

This is the one that became the parts bike.

--
    Looks great, I love my first Gen R's. I just flat track raced one of my 82's Saturday for the first time ever. I have an 84 that was harescramble raced when new.
    Rebuilding and riding trikes everyday and lovin every minute.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=pipeline

--
    Hey I have a case splitter tool and some other assorted tools from my R build that you can use when you tear down the motor.

Holler when you need it

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have a good stock head pipe I'd trade ya depending on shipping

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //