//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drive Shaft Assembly in Car

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --

Wow, it took ya almost a week to think of a mildly amusing reply this time, I hope you have not been feeling poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    30 years in the biz and that is just a taste of the certs I have obtained..Lets see your credentials...
    Well unlike you, I don't have a need to try and prove anything to anyone here or anywhere for that matter, and having a "mechanics" certification certainly does not mean one is a better mechanic than someone that does not have one, and it is obvious by your comment that you don't understand that, "irregardless", I'm truly happy for you that you have something to show yourself that you could actually pass a few tests and fill out your name correctly on them, so for this monumental accomplishment I offer you my heartfelt congratulations.

I am not arguing with you,
    Oh that is quite obvious, but thank you very much for clarifying that.

...you pompous asshat..

Listen to my advice or don't.
    ummm...I definitely don't, but I am amused by it at times.

Cardone used to be a decent outfit..If you like warranty work for leaking racks, blown steering pumps, seized up rebuilt calipers, then go ahead and install that ..We do not unless there is no other option.
    ummmm...the op was asking about an axle shaft which is completely different than the other items you mentioned, and unlike some aftermarket axle suppliers, Cardone installs new CV joints with the same number of bearings that came in the axles from the mfg, and in the op's case, that number would be 6.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    You must be blind..I just posted over 200 cases of rebuilt axles being defective on a national paid subscription data base of technicians and engineers across the country validating problems with aftermarket and rebuilt axles, but yet you choose to be too proud to admit your follies, and your pussy response to quote that evidence is a testament to the BS you have fed people on this forum..
    In the last year alone we had to warranty a 2008 A1 cardone steering gear. Rebuilt quality? BS..They left the old inner tie rod on the right side and spray painted it and labeled the unit as a new rebuilt, with a 10 year old inner tie rod end.
    We had to warranty a A1 cardone steering gear due to the end seals blown out after 4k miles. Same with a 2003 Ford ranger..Or how about the back covers blowing off GM 3.1 liter steering pumps made by A1 cardone. Even you being such a expert in the realm of engineering should know that a case or housing such as a rack, pump, or caliper can only be rebuilt so many times before it is too worn to hold a seal, clip, piston, or bearing..
    Personally, you can insult me all you want. I do not care what a basement dwelling has been, with multiple personalities, multiple internet forum bans, and internet locations thinks about me. I have provided proof that what I said is FACT...Edit boy...Now go cry, PM Billy, and Yeager that you want internet justice....
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Hey, it only took you a few minutes to reply this time. I'm glad you are feeling better now.

You must be blind..I just posted over 200 cases of rebuilt axles being defective on a national paid subscription data base of technicians and engineers across the country validating problems with aftermarket and rebuilt axles, but yet you choose to be too proud to admit your follies,
    I have provided proof that what I said is FACT
    Nothing rebuilt is any good and especially A1 cardone
    As you have often done before, you once again are jumping to conclusions based on your ASSUMPTIONS, which are in FACT incorrect. The FACT is that the photo you posted does not show up on my screen, therefore, the FACT is that I had no idea what it was of, which means I could not make an informed comment on it, however, the FACT is that there have been thousands of rebuilt axles installed over the time frame covered by your data base, and since you only posted just over 200 failures, you have not proven that everything that is rebuilt is bad as you falsely previously claimed, and the FACT is, your data base proves beyond a "reasonable" doubt that not everything that is rebuilt is bad, but you preferred to try and grandstand by feebly attempting to discredit what I posted, but failed miserably, however, I will give you a B- for effort.

...and your pussy response to quote that evidence...
    If you are referring to the photo you posted as the "evidence" you assumed I was responding to, see my comment above, and if that is what you are referring to, thank you for your rating of "pussy" for a response I did not make to "evidence" I did not see.

In the last year alone we had to warranty a 2008 A1 cardone steering gear. Rebuilt quality? BS..They left the old inner tie rod on the right side and spray painted it and labeled the unit as a new rebuilt, with a 10 year old inner tie rod end. We had to warranty a A1 cardone steering gear due to the end seals blown out after 4k miles. Same with a 2003 Ford ranger..Or how about the back covers blowing off GM 3.1 liter steering pumps made by A1 cardone. Even you being such a expert in the realm of engineering should know that a case or housing such as a rack, pump, or caliper can only be rebuilt so many times before it is too worn to hold a seal, clip, piston, or bearing..
    For the SECOND time, this has absolutely zero to do with my comments and the op's question about an AXLE, but by all means, please continue to drone on incessantly about things that do not apply to the op's question, because I for one am riveted by your "informative" replies.

Personally, you can insult me all you want.
    ummm...I have yet to really insult you, however, just on this thread alone you have called me an asshat, blind, a basement dwelling has been, said I gave a pussy response, and suggested I'm full of BS, but congratulations on your feeble attempt to try and make me out to look like the bad guy when it is obviously you that is the aggressor, as you always have been from what I have seen.

Oh, and I would much rather be a "has been" than a "never was".

...Edit boy...Now go cry, PM Billy, and Yeager that you want internet justice....
    The only thing I want regarding you is for you to find the peace and happiness you are obviously sorely missing in your life, but in the mean time, some of these may help you.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    You are making yourself look like an ass..
    Not arguing with you on cars. You are a legend in your own mind. 200 cases was just one report..There is at least 20 more cases with as many reports of failed rebuilt axles.
    It has been widely known in the auto repair world for 15 years that Toyota's Scions, VWs, Audi's and Honda's as well as other do not take to cheap rebuilt axles at all. But keep trying to prove i
    I am wrong..Call any reputable Auto and Trans shop. They will tell you the same thing I have..Go ahead keep suggesting the A1 garbage to people..You do it everyday, then we get to fix it right after some poor sap follows internet and youtube advice from those like you, who have to pound there chest on something they know just enough about, to be dangerous

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce1989 View Post
    Hey everyone, any car mechanics out there? My GF just got a multi-point inspection on her new-to-her 2006 Scion tC (front-wheel drive) car and the inspection says "RH Drive Shaft Assy." Like it's broken, and they charge $641.95 to repair it.

I don't have experience with car driveshafts besides greasing the zerks, but I'm mechanically inclined and have the tools. Is this something that can be repaired in the driveway even if it's a PITA to save hundreds of dollars, or do you need a lift? Also, is there another name for the broken part? RH Driveshaft Assy doesn't tell me much by googling it. Thanks yall!
    So....you able to make an informed decision now?

--
    You are making yourself look like an ass..
    Not arguing with you on cars. You are a legend in your own mind. 200 cases was just one report..There is at least 20 more cases with as many reports of failed rebuilt axles.
    It has been widely known in the auto repair world for 15 years that Toyota's Scions, VWs, Audi's and Honda's as well as other do not take to cheap rebuilt axles at all.
    But keep trying to prove i
    I am wrong..Call any reputable Auto and Trans shop. They will tell you the same thing I have..Go ahead keep suggesting the A1 garbage to people..You do it everyday, then we get to fix it right after some poor sap follows internet and youtube advice from those like you, who have to pound there chest on something they know just enough about, to be dangerous

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Sory, but your post makes no sense to me and I have already replied to him with a fair amount of useful info.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    Since our resident car expert, and expert on everything else never detailed the actual repair instructions, I guess I will..
    Do you need a lift? Yes highly recommended as you will need enough clearance to use a pry bar or driveshaft removal fork will be close to 3 feet in length, but you can muscle through it on your back.
    You will need a air , or large punch and , heavy duty 1/2 impact and appropirate large axle nut socket..Usually around 30-32 MM sized, and a good 1/2 inch torque wrench.
    Remove the wheel and tire for the side the axle will be replaced. Remove, the brake caliper bracket bolts and place caliper to the side. Disconnect your ABS sensor at the plug up in the inner fender area. Next remove the axle nut with the impact, then drive the axle out of the wheel hub with a and punch or air with a punch bit on it. Next remove the 2 large strut to knuckle bolts, and mark the bolts for alignment location. Most factory struts will have a fixed set of holes and will not affect the alignment. Drive the large strut bolts out with the punch and , air . Seperate the knuckle form the strut, then pull the knuckle away while pushing the axle out of the hub. Then you can dislodge the axle from the trans.. You will need a axle removal fork or prybar against the CV case bell, and tap the axle outward. You will lose transmission fluid once it is out.
    Reverse for re assembly, and be careful not to stress the trans seal. Set the axle into the trans opening as far as you can by hand make sure the splines line up, hold the axle straight at the knuckle, and hit the threaded end with a plastic large dead blow . That axle should snap into place, and not pull back out by hand. Be sure to torque the large axle nut to spec or you will crush the wheel bearings and have a growling wheel bearing shortly after service. You can insert the punch into the rotor vents after the caliper is back on and let the rotor stop the axle from moving as the punch wedges against the brake caliper so you can torque the axle nut..Usually around 175 ft lbs..Some axles have a cotter pin and cage nut, others may need staked over. Top off the trans fluid and go...If you do not have a lift, the 70-100 charge is well worth the price, just make sure they torque the axle nut, and not drive it in with a impact gun. Those Scion press in bearings suck to replace...And dont use Reman Cardone
    Suck me Barnett

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Since our resident car expert, and expert on everything else never detailed the actual repair instructions, I guess I will.
    You are only partially correct, I actually posted a youtube video of one method someone used to do it on the op's exact model and on the same side he has an issue on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePKWsg0PZuk

Suck me Barnett
    Oh my, I didn't know you were into having "personal relations" with other men, but I'm glad you finally felt comfortable enough to come out of the closet...I guess.

"appropirate" "Seperate"
    Perhaps a dictionary for your birthday or Christmas would be a useful gift.

--
    Hey Barnett..Going to the 50th race of legends at Ashtabula next week? All the old Factory racers will be there..Farr, Meadows, Sundahl...I would LOVE to see you go interact..I want to see what they all say about you showing...
    Be sure to put A1 cardone parts on you car, so you can have a break down excuse for not showing for fear of being exposed about your " glorious racing engineer" history

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Hey Barnett..Going to the 50th race of legends at Ashtabula next week? All the old Factory racers will be there..Farr, Meadows, Sundahl...I would LOVE to see you go interact..I want to see what they all say about you showing...
    Be sure to put A1 cardone parts on you car, so you can have a break down excuse for not showing for fear of being exposed about your " glorious racing engineer" history
    Thank you very much for your interest in my PRO 3 wheeler racing experience, and I'm truly flattered that you think it was "glorious", even though I never did, however, since that is completely unrelated to the op's topic, I may "expose" some of my results and photos of me that PRO 3 wheeler racer John Neary posted on this forum, in a separate thread since you seem to be acutely interested in me. For now however, you can see several photos of me racing in the PRO 3 wheeler class in John Neary's thread below. One of the photos shows me in FRONT of factory Kawasaki rider Chris White (RIP), and the first photo in post #16 shows me in the first turn at the start of the Big Bear Grand Prix in 6th place on bike #29, the second photo shows me behind John Neary, the third photo shows me in 2nd place at Perris Raceway, the fourth photo shows me at the start gate of that race behind Jimmy White, and the fifth photo shows me in 4th there. Oh, and don't forget to ask the PRO racers at Ashtabula what place they got at the last PRO short track race at Saddleback Park, but I can tell you now that none of them got 1st.

Also, please feel free to post some results and photos from YOUR PRO 3 wheeler racing experience in that thread, or maybe even start your own thread about it, because I, and I'm confident that at least one other person here would love to read about it and see you in action, plus, as you previously posted in other threads, "If there isn't a photo, it never happened" or something reasonably close to that effect.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=john+neary

--
    Oh, and speaking of Sundahl, you will see him with me right next to him along with Donnie Luce #53, and John on his Franks Rotax in the fifth photo of John's first post in the link below, which was at the start of the Big Bear Grand Prix.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Oh, and speaking of Sundahl, you will see him with me right next to him along with Donnie Luce #53, and John on his Franks Rotax in the fifth photo of John's first post in the link below, which was at the start of the Big Bear Grand Prix.

https://youtu.be/dt6-ZtOL_gY

--
    I never claimed to be a pro..EVER...But there is a hell of a lot more than 4 pics of me in races on this forum and I was never a pro...

You are insane...You were the first agressor quoting my response, as " 110% wrong ".. That type of talk is the same that has gotten you banned from here multiple times, as well as dozens of other forums...Had you just initiated a simple challenge of me to present facts,( which I did, and you still can't accept them) I never would have retorted to you the way I did. You are a , you talk to people as if they are infants and non important, wrong at every turn and without one ounce of humility or humble in your soul...And for that, you are a asshat and probably will have many others continue to refer to you as such...Any man who actually downloads photos of depressant drugs to post on a fricken atv forum for the sake of winning a small parts quality argument is certifiable...And I am a for falling into another troll bait trap from your pathetic existence, but I just can't refuse to expose your total line of bullshit to people..I feel sorry for you, and those who blindly believe your nonsense..

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    my .02...I replaced a rack and pinion in a ford tempo with an A1 Cardone unit, $120 and 13 hours later, the end seals leaked worse than they did before. I ran straight stop leak in it for a year and a half, filling it every day or two until the car quit.

I'm convinced, judging by everything I've seen them "rebuild" that they spray paint it black and send it back out the door. It's enough to make me never want to shop at oreillys again.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //