//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 10.25:1 200x wiseco piston to cylinder fit

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Hey Chop, where did the 12hp come from?
    Not to be argumentative but the Honda manual claims 18@8000 for the 200x and 13.5@7000 for a 200S

MANY manufacturers inflate numbers for sales hype so it could very well be 12.....just saying.
    I'm only seeing 18hp for the 86-87 200X and I think that's at the flywheel .... I usually take off 20% for drivetrain drag/friction to get a better RWHP estimate.

I'm reading estimates from "11.7hp" to "15hp" elsewhere as well as that 18hp you quoted so you could very well be correct.... however when you throw a bigger carb, cam, stroker crank/rod, hi comp piston and only get to about 25hp....25-18=7hp gain.... you've effectively spent $1500 minimum to get seven more ponies.

If I want any power increase on a Honda 200cc motor without having to spend that much money, I look no further than the camshaft. Changing carbs can only do so much if your valves can't open far enough to gulp in the extra fuel volume

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    When I first got back into ATC's I really wanted to find a way to make the 200's run like something they are not. It's the old drag race adage...there's no replacement for displacement.

If you NEED a bigger engine....GET a bigger engine. HA!

It does seem rather silly to spend tons of dough to make a 200 run like a 250. I'm sure SOMEONE out there can make a 200X run like a stock 350X..........But for how long?

I had a project in mind recently that I was going to end up spending a LOT of money on to be where I wanted to be. It would have involved a very pricey stroker crank, boring the engine case to accept a bigger sleeve......Then I realized how stupid I was being. For less money I could chop, weld and mod the motor mounts and put a 300EX quad motor in there. (I have a line on one locally) Everything else being equal, the later model 300EX would run circles around it...Reliably. Not sure If I will go that route but it sure makes more sense than squeezing the 200.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    .........you wanted them ............you got`em .............newbie`s they smell so fresh ........you don`t smell what the newbies cookin
    You seem more irritated than we are.

I wonder what he thinks about 911

https://youtu.be/tqBDnY_v8AE

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Fullsizechevy, just remember to baggie “everything” and take lots of pics on tear down... so you or the next guy can put it back together....it’ll be that one discontinued washer that’s missing that u can’t find later that’ll get ya.
    Good luck, and if your married even more luck
    Powerwash that sucker “first” before u do anything
    Shep

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Its a project somthing to tinker if i find a 250r local for the right price i will be getting it as another project somthing to keep me busy. Im not getting rid of the bike so i might as well get as much as i can out of it and learn in the process for when i do end up with that 250r or 350x i will have more experiance. You have to start somewhere. Its a light bike fits in the bed of my truck i can load and unload it alone without ramps if i got a little more pep out of it would be nice. That being said would it be worth goin to the 12.1 piston or stay 10.25 and what would be a good cam to use web stage 2? I have an offer on a bassani pipe i should be getting and will be doing head work new valves and valve job heavier springs to match whatever cam i get and a little port work and thats probably where ill stop may stroke it who knows im sure ill be happy with what im going to do so far. Appreciate everybody that has helped so far.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Newbies and inexperienced mechanics are mainly what these types of sites are for. Not much point in having a site like this if everyone on it already knew all there is to know.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Last edited by ironchop; 07-05-2019 at 08:28 AM. Reason: I sound like a dick
    Whaad you call me??!!??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	581370f219e879ffc3ec87dc5c131a36.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	259197
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks for the help i def plan on bagging and labeling everything along with plenty pics for me and as a build thread that why im trying to get everything worked out in my head before i start ordering or tear down anything so i have everything i should need and when i start i dont have to have weeks in between work and possibly forget somthing but im sure ill still forget somthing it will be that 1 little cheap part that holds me back that seems like what always happens to builds

--
    Yes what is this site for then i thought it was to learn and share builds ideas experiance and just the love of the sport not trying to aggrevate anyone but who better to learn from than people who have hands on experiance and know what they are talking about on a site dedicated to these bikes were supposed to stick together so this sport and these bikes dont die off so there is a future in this and history lives on thanks to everybody who has shared their knowledge opinions and time i really appreciate it

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    My '84 200S has an XR200 cam and carb, Wiseco 10.25:1, SuperTrapp exhaust. Benchtop port and polish by my skilled hands

HP? Not a clue. I can get right around 50-55 mph out of it on flat blacktop according to my phone GPS. A coupla buddies, one with a 185S and another with a 200S can't keep up, not even close.......

What more could any manly man want out of a 200?

Jimmy couldn't have been a very hard core biker if he hung out at the candy store.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Unless you are making a max hp dragster type build there is no point in going over 10.25. Keep in mind that at some level of compression you will need to start running race gas so you need to determine if it us worth it to you to pay 10.00 a gallon just to have a 200x that still only has 5 more hp than a stock one.

--
    Yes what is this site for then i thought it was to learn and share builds ideas experiance and just the love of the sport not trying to aggrevate anyone but who better to learn from than people who have hands on experiance and know what they are talking about on a site dedicated to these bikes were supposed to stick together so this sport and these bikes dont die off so there is a future in this and history lives on nobody knows everything even the great glamy will never know it all as.much as he likes to think he does you never stop learning in life an old machinist taught me that one day i use to think i knew it all didnt want any help until one day i realized his way was better than mine and it is better to learn from everybody you can it only makes you better at what you do i really appreciate everybody who has shared their knowledge and time with me it wont go unused i can promise you that

--
    Yes true anything over 10.25 is out of pump gas range 10.25 it is will a webb stage 2 cam be a good mid range cam or would stage 3 be better

--
    I love getting jerked, but if you want to see some threads here that is really odd (suspicious) check out the maco ones.

--
    Weeks between working on the bike, how about months. There’s nothing wrong w/taking your time. If I can get some welding done today and paint stripped I’d be happy with that...........

Of course it’s already 85* in the shade
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DDA64F9-D0E3-4636-86A8-1B7525DA65AF.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	259198

Shep

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //