//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 10.25:1 200x wiseco piston to cylinder fit

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    You need to clearly specify in detail exactly what you want the engine to do and how you will be riding it to get the best suggestions. Megacycle also make good cams.

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I use to not want to show a new machinist anything figured if he couldnt figure it out then he wasnt any good or i didnt want anybody to take my job but machine work is almost a dyin trade i realized one day why not teach sombody everything you know better them in their career if your confident in your work and knowledge no reason you shouldnt want to share it or be worried about the next guy taking your job i grew up got wiser learned more realized you never stop learning and its best to stick.together you will get alot further

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Its a project somthing to tinker if i find a 250r local for the right price i will be getting it as another project somthing to keep me busy. Im not getting rid of the bike so i might as well get as much as i can out of it and learn in the process for when i do end up with that 250r or 350x i will have more experiance. You have to start somewhere. Its a light bike fits in the bed of my truck i can load and unload it alone without ramps if i got a little more pep out of it would be nice. That being said would it be worth goin to the 12.1 piston or stay 10.25 and what would be a good cam to use web stage 2? I have an offer on a bassani pipe i should be getting and will be doing head work new valves and valve job heavier springs to match whatever cam i get and a little port work and thats probably where ill stop may stroke it who knows im sure ill be happy with what im going to do so far. Appreciate everybody that has helped so far.
    Isn't all this going on a 200S lower? I thought that's where you were right now but maybe I misunderstood.

10.25:1 is as high as I would go if I wanted something that would start reliably on a pull rope with pump gas.

Cam grind is determined by your riding style and the machine's ultimate purpose (race, trail, or utility) I only take cam advice from very few people outside of the cam manufacturer but I would first call the manufacturer. I only have ATC cam experience with Megacycles products and I can tell you that after my one hour initial consultation with them on the phone, I had all the answers I needed and ordered promptly. I went full roller bearing journals with the stiffer springs and buckets/retainers/keepers and I was still one grind off full race which required machining the oil galley deeper to clear the lobes. I did see a very sizeable (% over stock) increase in power but I spent $650 at Megacycles.

I won't knock you for building it if you want to, but the impression you gave in other threads was that you couldn't find a suitable sport trike in your area, shipping one was cost-prohibitive, and you already had a 200S.

I'm just trying to warn you that you'll spend all your future 250R money trying to eek out a few extra ponies. I only care because I did something similar with an 85 200X...I ended up throwing $4500 at it to build it and I still wasn't happy with the result when I could have bought a 250R for $2500 and even spent as much as a thousand dollars driving all the way to Cali to get it and I still would have another 1K to spend on the R.....

Here's what a $4500 200X looks like and I didn't even touch the bottom end nor did I get much more than 20-22hp (GUESSTIMATE) of it ultimately

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I will be riding it hard wide open alot got plenty cane fields around here not to mention the levee i like to open her up

--
    Yes i have an e bottom end with electric start i will be using and i understand i appreciate the advice and yes they are rare to come by down here everyone i see has been outrageous in the price and im keeping the bike so i want to get more out of it not going full on race or.drag bike but do want a higher comp piston cam exhaust new valves springs have a bassani exhaust i will be more than likely getting and probably a little bigger carb i will call.megacycles and talk to them seems to be the best route like you said they do this for a living

--
    Thats about what im shooting for scootertrash not a full blown race bike but want to get the most i can out of it reasonably i want it to run at its full potential

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I will be riding it hard wide open alot got plenty cane fields around here not to mention the levee i like to open her up
    Ok then you want more of a high rpm type cam than a torque type cam but keep in mind that you will be giving up some low end power to achieve your goal. Most everything is a bit if a trade off when building an engine.

--
    Also, super high lift cams are pointless on a stock or near stock head because the head can't flow as much air as the cam can provide. Ideally, it is best to have the head checked for flow before deciding on a cam or before having a custom one made, but that is really a bit of overkill on a recreational type vehicle.

--
    Yes im not mudriding or hill climbing dont need a lot of torque only times i need torque is crossing ditches or up the levee nothing first or second gear cant handle not to mention the e has hi lo selector

--
    i want it to run at its full potential
    Unfortunately this statement doesnt mean anything.

--
    Fullsizechevy, I put lots of periods... in my posts for you so you should be all set for a while. j/k

Shep

--
    Sounds like a mid range cam is about what i want i plan on getting some head work done port polish valves 3 or 5 angle job on the valves whatever os recommended with my setup

--
    I appreciate it shep lol im on a phone not a pc the space is by the period i often hit period when i space

--
    Exactly what year and model is your bike?

--
    84 200s im planning on using an 82 200e bottom end so ill have electric start alomg woth pull

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //