//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 10.25:1 200x wiseco piston to cylinder fit

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I appreciate your gritty summation of my comment, and I'm glad you seized the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    i would also use very good oil.
    Why?

For just a few dollars more, you could get excellent oil.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    I found that the clearance for that particular piston is .002 just sounds tight to me for somthing that could possibly expand with heat but im no expert im sure wiseco knows their .001 per side is almost an interference fit
    I am an engine builder and have had more engines bored than I can remember, so I am not "guessing" at the clearance. I have been doing this stuff since around 1970. Two recent examples of piston clearances I can give you are my air cooled 90cc Kawasaki 2 stroke that has right around .001" clearance from the factory and has 7,000 miles on the original cast piston which still looks nearly new, and my hole shot king, air cooled, 1981 YZ465 2 stroke that I race several times a month that I put a Wiseco piston in around 4 months ago, and I have beat the holy crap out of it and it only has .00225 clearance.

Wiseco does know their clearances, however, they also "generalize" them to some degree. Around a bazillion people have also seized Wiseco pistons many years ago due to various reasons, but Wiseco has redesigned their pistons since then and seizures are far less common with them now with their new design and current recommended clearances.

Also, a very high quality engine oil will reduce the potential for seizing.

Hope you have a happy 4th.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Why?

For just a few dollars more, you could get excellent oil.
    OMG...I think I just "lubricated" my shorts!

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks for the input i was overthinking it Happy 4th Everybody

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Pierre part lol

--
    Just finished building a 200E with a Wiseco 10.25:1
    Clearance was .0019
    I have several hours on this engine so far.
    No funny noises. Three oil changes and only the first was slightly dirty and that was from rinsing out my overuse of assembly lube.
    It’s by far the strongest 200 I’ve built so far. It’s wearing Kenda Super Turf 24x11.50-12 tires and will freely break them loose on anything but asphalt. It’ll chirp them on the asphalt if you get on it hard.

I would like to have had a little more clearance but it’s doing fine. It’ll snatch the rope out of your hand if you forget the compression relief.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Do you think the 200x top end is neccesary for the bigger cooling fins or would i be ok building out a motor with the stock cylinder and head without overheating?

--
    Have you looked into a liquid cooling setup?
    It sucks to get old

--
    There's only so much cooling fins needed on a 12hp motor.... You can get big fins, 200X head, hi comp piston, oil cooler, and a DG noisemaker out back.... Guess what?.....twelve horsepower..... The only thing keeping your ATC from getting smoked by your riding lawnmower, is a Honda transmissions final drive ratio. How much cooling fins does your lawnmower have? I've ridden Honda 200 motors in various configurations throughout my life and I've yet to beat one into hot siezing on me. Lord knows I've tried.

Set your piston clearance to what it says on the chart that's included with every wiseco piston and you'll be good to go. There's not much you can do to improve upon the operating temperature range of this motor

Bottom line: 12 ponies

You need to open that wallet and cam it for anything noticeable, in my opinion. Been there, done that, bought something more powerful later on instead. It's tough to justify throwing $1000+ at a lawnmower engine to add 8hp

Last edited by ironchop; 07-05-2019 at 09:28 AM. Reason: I sound like a dick

--
    Hey Chop, where did the 12hp come from?
    Not to be argumentative but the Honda manual claims 18@8000 for the 200x and 13.5@7000 for a 200S

MANY manufacturers inflate numbers for sales hype so it could very well be 12.....just saying.

--
    I think it was even lower but I rounded up. I'll go see if I can check that information. I may have misquoted. I'm getting old.

Last edited by ironchop; 07-05-2019 at 09:39 AM.

--
    Unless you bore the cylinder out until the sleeve is paper thin and/or plan to race the thing or tow a 3000 lb trailer uphill with it etc, additional cooling fins are unnecessary, however, if you are concerned about it running hot, you can simply add a good, or an xlnt, oil cooler and use good, or xlnt, oil.

--
    Its 18 for the 200x.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Bahh, From all the ones I've rode over the years, I'd say you're pretty close to the mark.
    Manufacturers rarely tell the truth. There's never been a Tecumseh engine made that would make the power it claimed. I replaced a 12 hp Tecumseh engine with an 8hp Honda from a cement mixer on a generator once. The Tecumseh struggled something fierce, would run REALLY hot if you used the generator for more than an hour or two. THe Honda laughed at it. I left it running for 8 hours once when the power went out. No problems at all. Ran perfect when I sold it.
    The 12 horse Tecumseh probably made about 6 horses wide open. LOL!!!

Tecumseh sux! I worked in a machine shop years ago in Paris TN that machined parts for the Tecumseh engines made in the same town. The castings were pathetic! LOTS of casting voids. Quality control was scary. I've seen casting voids on crank journals pass right through.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //