//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Comet F/N/R tranaxle from manco 308

--

Comet F/N/R tranaxle from manco 308

Does any one have info on an old comet F/N/R transaxle? I have one on my Maco Quester 308 (on witch i have done a lot of research and if you wan't to contact me if you have one leave a reply saying so), but I can only find info on the new type gearboxes not trans axle. This was off of the '85 model Manco Quester 308 not the '84. Neither image is from my trike but the first image is what I have andClick image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	259195 the second image is the new styleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	259196.

--
    I just got a monco quester 310 last week and I think mine is like the first pic the best I can tell. I know it’s not like the second photo. I haven’t taken it apart yet but I plan to. The shifter is really floppy. I hope I can still use it. I like the idea of having f-n-r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    This is cool. I had no idea that they had a reverse on them.

--
    There are a couple variations of drives still available, but probably nothing that'll be a bolt-on.

When Manco was building trikes, they used whatever was available at a certain price. Be ready to cut/weld, to modify anything else into position.

Reverse isn't the end-all-be-all for a lightweight machine. It's usually easy enough to just push/lift it to where you want it. A 600lb, 4x4 ATV needs reverse, trikes don't, unless someone is actually using them to back trailers up.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--

Comet F/N/R tranaxle from manco 308

Yeah if mine stops working I’ll just delete it and put in a live axle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ntjones; 09-03-2020 at 06:38 AM.

--
    Hey ive been inactive for awhile but im very glad to hear that other people have this and my trike isnt an anomaly. Ill update you all if something comes up or when the trike is repaired. And yeah if it does explode ill put a live axle in.

--
    Mine is leaking gear oil around the gear shift lever. It’s annoying but it’s old so I just add oil to when needed. I like having the reverse.

--
    Wow i can actually help with that! If we do have the same model the leak is caused by one faulty o-ring one your gearshift shaft.

--
    Oh thanks. Does the O ring go on the little shaft and then the lever go back on or does the O ring go inside the gear box?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby barney View Post
    Wow i can actually help with that! If we do have the same model the leak is caused by one faulty o-ring one your gearshift shaft.
    Would you happen to have a picture of where the O-ring goes? Does it go inside the gear box or can it be slipped on to the shaft on the outside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Hey sorry the last years been busy lol if you still need the info the o-ring goes on the shift lever shaft

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby barney View Post
    Hey sorry the last years been busy lol if you still need the info the o-ring goes on the shift lever shaft
    No problem. I know how that can be. I tried to put an o-ring on there but couldn’t get one to slip over and into were it needs to be. Maybe I need one that stretches more.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //