//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Mail order machine shop

--

Mail order machine shop

What machine shop do you guys use? One that will ship and receive cylinders and do head work.
    The one I used before....well, I won't be doing business with them again despite good work SO, I need a new place to do business with.

Thank you.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I used (F.A.S.T.) Farm and Sand Toys out of Kansas. They have great prices, and did a very nice job boring and honing my 86 250R cylinder. Piston prices were very reasonable as well.

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    This is the guy I use a coupla towns SE of me:

http://www.billbune.com/

I and a lot of my friends have been using his services since the 80's
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    My opinion is same as newby200X

I had fantastic service and fast turnaround with F.A.S.T as well.

Fresh bore, chamfer, and new piston set was about $250 shipped back to me. Had it back in a week.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    My opinion is same as newby200X

I had fantastic service and fast turnaround with F.A.S.T as well.

Fresh bore, chamfer, and new piston set was about $250 shipped back to me. Had it back in a week.
    $250.00...holy fk, no wonder it cost you over 4k to build your 200.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    $250.00...holy fk, no wonder it cost you over 4k to build your 200.
    $53 of that $250 was shipping cost there and back. The remaining $197 was the Piston set and labor. The breakdown on that is $60 in labor for bore/hone/chamfer the ports which would put the piston/wring set at $137.

To be more concise on 200X, that $4500 was to build the whole thing and all the parts/plastics/etc that it needed. I didn't spend that just on the motor or I would've been extra pissed! I did have over $1200 in motor/carb/exhaust mods and go-fast goodies.... Which in my opinion is way too much for that kind of output.

I got giddy and OCD trying to make that machine something it would never be and only screwed myself in the end. I sold it for a mere $1K after I rode it for a couple years

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    I did have over $1200 in motor/carb/exhaust mods and go-fast goodies.... Which in my opinion is way too much for that kind of output.

I got giddy and OCD trying to make that machine something it would never be and only screwed myself in the end.
    lol, been there....done that....but it was still fun to do....at least until I finally realized how much beer I could have bought with that money instead.

--
    Book marked FAST. Thank you.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by newby200x View Post
    I used (F.A.S.T.) Farm and Sand Toys out of Kansas. They have great prices, and did a very nice job boring and honing my 86 250R cylinder. Piston prices were very reasonable as well.
    IIRC that's the place that Loganm sent his cylinder to be bored (many times) so we all know that they can bore 250Rs. Actually, he even said that they did good work so I'm not knocking them at all.

--
    I used G&H on my '87 250sx head. It was just a head rebuild (no cylinder) but they did a great job.

http://www.ghdiscountatvsupply.com/

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Anyone using Eric gorr from millennium technologies?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

--
    www.KB5industries.com in denver PA will do all motor and suspension mods. Just sent in and bolt to the bike. I give Brad most everything to do now, hes quick and services a national race team. Hes built some motors for me too and they move.

Last time i used eric gorr racing they took too much off a cyclinder and it was pinging on C12 fuel....i was kinda upset but it was sorted out.

It was my 1st time using eric gorr all the other work he did was great but just shaved the bottom of my cyclinder for some reason when I didnt ask for it.

--
    If you get in a jam I bore/hone cylinders. I got tired of over-honed or crooked out of round jobs and invested in a sunnen hone 20 years ago. I have a full set of keyway mandrels to run over the ports.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    If you have drawings and specifications www.mfg.com is very interesting to use. Not necessarily for boring cylinders and such, but if you want to have something custom made up, always worthwhile to check out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //