//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 200s 65mm 10.25:1 wiseco piston

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thank you for your help got a good deal on a nos bassani exhaust soon as i buy that i will be ordering the piston kit and talking with the cam company to see what they recommend i get amd what else i will need to run that cam

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    I looked into a torque plate thats what i was talking about making so i could bolt the cylinder to the fixture thats the only way i have seen them done is with those plates keeps it square and mimics the force that will be applied when the engine is assembled so you get an accurate reading when machining the bore
    Ok just remember that you need to bolt it using long bolts thru the stud holes.

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yes sir thats the plan i will be making a jig so if i ever have to do this again i will be setup to doit i have spare studs i can use from the engine i will be buying new ones so i can cut these to the length i need thread the ends and it will be the correct o.d. to fit through the holes yea i can pay to have it done but this is half the fun doing it yourself and learning in the process i have a spare cylinder if i mess up. What about cleaning up the gasket areas as long as there is no cuts dings or isnt warped i shouldnt have to correct?

--
    I will also torque them to the specs in the manual to get as close to the pressure that will be applied as i can i wont be taking much out the bore so it should hold pretty good i dont want to put more torque than will be applied to get as accurate as possible its not a race engine may be going overboard but i would feel better knowing its done right you have been a big help i cannot thank you enough

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //