//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 200e left crankcase cover and crankshaft bolt

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Are you able to kick a z400 (or 400z whichever way it is)? My aunt's boyfriend bought the z400 motorcycle new and bought it out to my mom & dad's place to break it in since they are from the city. Kick start only, and the guy couldn't kick start it to save his life. Not that he was small or weak or anything, not sure why he just couldn't get it going on his own. My dad had no problem. I couldn't start it either, but I was like 14? I didn't grow up on 2 wheels, so can't really comment on the power, but it seems to have plenty of compression lol. There was also a quad made with the same engine from my understanding.

The owner of the bike took it out back and got in some light mud, he goosed it too much and flew off the back and burned the inside of his leg on the exhaust, he ended up selling it as just someone taking over the payments lol. I think it was like $8k.
    Lol thats funny i had a z400 years ago i dont remember if it had kick start or not i always used the electric start it hauled ass would wheelie like no tomorrow guy i bought it from said it had work done to it not sure.if that was true but it would stand up in 3rd no problem just by the throttle i didnt have it long before i sold it it was a fun bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Lol thats funny i had a z400 years ago i dont remember if it had kick start or not i always used the electric start it hauled ass would wheelie like no tomorrow guy i bought it from said it had work done to it not sure.if that was true but it would stand up in 3rd no problem just by the throttle i didnt have it long before i sold it it was a fun bike

Ok i got the left crankcase cover off its cracked where a bolt goes through do you think i could weld it or jb weld it when i go back together with it when i tighten it up it should seal good with jb weld or high temp silicone that is if i cant find a cover for a good price hate to go back together with it and everything not be right i will add a pic also what do i need to remove the flywheel

--
    Not worth fixing.
    Plentiful part.

The repair MIGHT hold. .....and it might not.

I looked, I only have one for an engine I intend to build someday but you can get one on ebay for $20, free shipping. I wouldn't be bothered for $20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC-2...55c222b7101575
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-08-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Not worth fixing.
    Plentiful part.

The repair MIGHT hold. .....and it might not.

I looked, I only have one for an engine I intend to build someday but you can get one on ebay for $20, free shipping. I wouldn't be bothered for $20.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ATC-2...55c222b7101575
    No $20 im def buying another not taking that chance wasnt sure how plentiful they were thanks

--
    No $20 im def buying another not taking that chance wasnt sure how plentiful they were thanks

About to start ordering the bearings amd what not for the bottom end kind of want to go with a better clutch and stiffer springs probably barnett discs with vesrah springs

--
    About to start ordering the bearings amd what not for the bottom end kind of want to go with a better clutch and stiffer springs probably barnett discs with vesrah springs

I heard of sombody having trouble with the wiseco piston with wrist pin seizing because they dont put an oil galley for oil to get to it for lubrication like the oem honda has is this true i would think a company like wiseco would have all that figured out

--
    I heard of sombody having trouble with the wiseco piston with wrist pin seizing because they dont put an oil galley for oil to get to it for lubrication like the oem honda has is this true i would think a company like wiseco would have all that figured out

Also could i make a puller for the flywheel somthing to thread into it and push against the bevel on the crankshaft to push it out or is there an easier way

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    That would be highly unusual and unlikely in a low performance app, however, if you are going to loose sleep over it, you can easily add a channel in the wrist pin hole with a small triangle file, plus you can drill a small hole (around 1/8th") in the wrist pin boss from the inside of the piston then put a small chamfer on it.

--
    Also could i make a puller for the flywheel somthing to thread into it and push against the bevel on the crankshaft to push it out or is there an easier way

MUCH easier way. Go to your local auto parts store....get a lug for a late model Volkswagen. Not a lug nut, a lug stud. Those goofy Euro-trash style male lugs. The VW is the proper threads. Turn in by hand then just gently bump it with an impact and be sure to have your hand under the flywheel. It'll cost you a whopping $3 or so.
    This is what you want...

https://www.autozone.com/suspension-...56506_220034_0

--
    Jump on ebay and look up a flywheel puller for your machine. They are normally pretty cheap too, so much easier to use the right tool than trying to make something else work.

The 200E/ES parts are very plentiful, they were the most sold machines in USA, there's something like 300k+ of them in the USA.

Oh for whatever you use for the puller, throw a little grease on the threads to prolong the tool's life.

--
    I may add a couple holes to be on the safe side i plan on running the piss out of it i also made a puller before i seen any of your replys should work pretty good

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
    Jump on ebay and look up a flywheel puller for your machine. They are normally pretty cheap too, so much easier to use the right tool than trying to make something else work.

The 200E/ES parts are very plentiful, they were the most sold machines in USA, there's something like 300k+ of them in the USA.

Oh for whatever you use for the puller, throw a little grease on the threads to prolong the tool's life.
    Glad they're pletiful ill be buying a new stator cover and i have plenty of anti seize for bolts its some good stuff also will need to get a new starter and solinoid possibly the regulator rectifier is there somthing i can buy to test it

--
    My puller worked like a charm also hit it lightly with impact and came right off

--
    All there is to it. You will need a totally different puller if you ever get into a dry stator engine like the 200S. But what you have works for E & ES ...and maybe M, I never had one apart...yet.

Pretty simple.

--
    I can make anything i need took me about 30min to make that one might need to invest in a good slide to pull some of these bearings out

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //