//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 200e left crankcase cover and crankshaft bolt

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

1982 200e left crankcase cover and crankshaft bolt

Trying to get the cover off the one with the starter i got the pull start assembly off the starter is off took the pull start cage off that the dogs hit against and took all the bolts out holding the cover on still cant get the cover off idk if its because it looks like it been at the bottom of a mudhole and just living there or if im missing somthing looks like a seal in the cover shouldnt it just come off or do i need to take the bolt thats threaded into the crank shaft out and is it left handed threads or right heard somthing is left dont know what thanks

--
    According to Partzilla, there's a couple of dowel pins at the back of the cover. These could corroded and not wanting to let the cover slide off. They also may just go into the sub trans cover and not all the way through. Try tapping gently with a rubber mallet or a dead blow . This could help. It could also hurt ir you aren't careful.

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I should have been more specific i got it to break loose all the way around kind of seems like the seal has it in the middle but the crankshaft spins freely or whatever is on the crankshaft that the seal is over spins freely thats what has me confused i have 1/8" gap all the way around but cant get it to come anymore i dont know if that bolt and washer that threads into the crankshaft has to come out first or not and i dont want to put an impact on it until i know if ita left or right hand threads

--
    Wish i knew how to put up pics im on a phone not pc

--
    On partzilla left crankcase cover/alternator diagram looks to me bolt number 18 has to come out for the cover to come off if i can figure out what the threads are i can get it out amd have a bettwr idea i tried but i cant get the crankshaft to stop spinning may have to jam.it up with a piece of wood but i still dont want to be turning the wrong way because everything has been tight on this motor because ita been outside for forever and i dont want to pull the threads

--
    Ok i found a thread of a guy havin the same problem looked like thw thread was normal he didnt say it was left handed or anything amd seemes like he had to get that bolt out before the cover came off ill jam it up and give it another try tmrw or hit it with impact lightly and see if it budges

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    keep us posted.

--
    Will do

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Wish i knew how to put up pics im on a phone not pc
    I was the same way unti I downloaded Tap-A-Talk, now pics are chicken!!...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Ok ill do that i didnt think about that do you still have to use photobucket

--
    On iPhone just click on the tree box while writing a post (top of page) another window will open click on choose photo then your library (your phone photos) choose your pic (one at a time) try to leave a space sopics aren’t merged. An upload box will appear/click it) it could take a second or 30secs depending on your signal strength. That’s all I do, it’s easy just be quick about loading pics there’s a time limit of sorts. Just try one pic and a sentence or two till u get the hang of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	081A9485-17BE-44EA-B1A6-C2893A1BDBBD.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	259224
    No photo bucket- just your iPhone pics —-tap-a-talk I have no clue
    Shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 07-07-2019 at 05:43 PM.

--
    You could also try the gyazo app, it's like photobucket where they host the images and you post a link, or post the code to make the image show up full sized. This site supports uploading images, but not sure how it works via cell, tapatalk seems to be the go to way to use the site though via cell.

Pretty sure you have to remove the bolt and the part the bolt is holding on, haven't messed with the 200 series engines a whole lot and the 200es I think is slightly different.

To "lock up" the engine, pull the spark plug out and feed clean rope into the cylinder. The rope will take up more room than the combustion chamber which effectively locks the engine up much like hydro-locking an engine, but with rope. It's best to do this on the compression stroke so the valves are not opened.

Another route is to use some spare bolts, or maybe the recoil cage and use a pry bar to stop the engine from turning.

Or you could just cheat and use an impact driver, but you should torque it to spec when reinstalling.

--
    Im going to use an impact so i dont take any chances messing anything up trying to jam it i have the whole top end off motor is at work and nobody is there on sundays for me to work on it i usually work on it after work during the week or saturdays also i have android i am about to try tap a talk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Im going to use an impact so i dont take any chances messing anything up trying to jam it i have the whole top end off motor is at work and nobody is there on sundays for me to work on it i usually work on it after work during the week or saturdays also i have android i am about to try tap a talk
    I figured it out dow loaded tapatalk thanks guys thats my bike $200 had a brand new oem carb on it when i bought it all i had to do was clean the tank good and it fired right up seems to be in pretty good shape motor wise ill get some pics of the spare 200e motor ill.be using the bottom end off of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

--
    Yep the photo worked =).

Yea if the top end is off, no reason not to use an impact. I'd say to do something to stop it and use a torque wrench to put it back on though. It's kind of like a lug nut for a car, you should have it close to spec. I've ran across too many people that thinks like 25ft/lbs is enough torque to hold a tire on (installed via 4 way).

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //