//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 1982 200e left crankcase cover and crankshaft bolt

--
    Nice. ....even nicer to have space and equipment. I miss working in a machine shop some days. Been a long time since I used a Radial Arm Drill like that one in the back.

It wouldn't hurt to resurface the head. Minimal clean up. Depending on how bad it is, you may be able to just lap that much out. **PISSED** I used to have a lapping plate made from heat treated CPM10V and Blanchard ground surface. No idea what happened to it OR the one I made from Meehanite.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    It rarely gets used im on that big lucas boring mill behind it all the time luckily they dont mind if i squeeze stuff for myself in every now and then or i can just stay after work and do what i want. I will probably just mill a few thousenths off it then might lap it in if i want to get that serious with it have to see if we have any lapping plates that will work we have a lap machine but i.dont think it would work to good with anything that isnt round its a lapmaster

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    What would be the best way of getting the dowel pins out the top of the head they are in there pretty good and its a blind hole pretty much dont want to mess them up or warp the head with to much heat i could just use some 1 2 3 blocks to mill it but i am thinking about going ahead and lapping all sealing areas

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //