//ArrowChat Code

Thread: new here. picking up a 85 250sx today. where can i get performance parts ???

--

new here. picking up a 85 250sx today. where can i get performance parts ???

does anyone still sell performance parts for the 85 250sx ??? i'm interested in a high comp. piston, cam, and wheel spacers.

cheers

--
    Can contact 4 stroke tech , I believe he sells a performance cam and piston .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Web cams makes 2 different performance profiles they can grind on your existing cam. The first one will work with stock or slightly higher than stock compression and the second one should be used with higher than stock compression only. I am a Web Cams dealer and might be able to save you around 15% if you want one of their cams or other parts from them, but I don't typically sell parts and am just offering this possibility to try and save another 3 wheeler enthusiast a few dollars.

http://www.webcamshafts.com/pdf/catalog.pdf

Also, use high quality (xlnt) engine oil.

--
    Any idea how much of a power gain with a bigger cam / piston ?
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by dustrunner View Post
    Any idea how much of a power gain with a bigger cam / piston ?
    Well, that can be a little complicated to answer, but in general, unless you increase the displacement, adding a bigger cam and carb and pipe etc will raise the overall opeating range of the engine, which means it will have less low end performance than it previously did, however, some of that low end performance feel can be regained by installing gears/sprockets that give you a numerically higher final drive ratio, but this in turn lowers the max speed, so you need to build it for exactly what your specific intended use is, and I can tell you that it is very easy to "over cam" an engine and end up with something you might not be happy with, so unless you want a bike that revs to the moon, I would say that the increase in performance could be referred to as "moderate", which means it will definitely be noticeable but it won't be a huge day and night difference, but this will also be at the expense of no longer having a quiet exhaust.

In general, a higher compression piston will increase power throughout the entire rpm range, but this will not be a huge difference either.

If you are looking for around a 25% increase in power (just to throw a number out there), then this is realistic and easily achievable and if a high compression piston is used, any loss in low end performance will be barely noticeable.

--
    will the starter still be able to turn It over ? what about life span of the other componets ?
    our original 85 we bought new, 2 - 86 police specials
    250r dust runner
    04 Yamaha kodiaK 450 snowbuster ! Brute Force 750 dust collector .
    Bunch of es stuff I been buying for next builds....
    Gone but lives on in my aching body the mighty 350x collection . A Beat 85 es im gonna rebuild

--
    I tossed an 11:1 in my 86 250SX, as well as a 350X carb, a SuperTrapp exhaust and took the airbox lid off. It definitely has more snot and overall power.

And with E start and reverse, the SX is still my favorite trike.

So fun, that I'm ready to put the "race" 350X in the basement and take out the SX. Sometimes being speedracer isn't lots of fun, esp when you just wanna cruise around...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //