//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Rare parts and 3D printers.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Rare parts and 3D printers.

Had a thought dawn on me the other day. We are all after some rare and expensive as heck part right? I know us 250r guys would all love to have a short track tank. So with the advancements of 3D printers why is nobody making such stuff?

Seems like a tank would be relatively easy for a bigger machine? Then again, I’m no scientist and really don’t know how they work.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    some ten years ago you could order a short track tank....in black. I bought 2 or 3 of them. All the rest was discontinued at that time, I didn't try the bottom triple clamp. That part number for the tank is #17510-ha2-p10. I have some new shrouds that I got from Cal-atv, no part number was on them, they were sent to DC plastic to make the mold for their short track shrouds from.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I see a ton of the repop shrouds come up but the tanks almost never come up. Figure someone with a 3D printer could whip a few out fairly easy. I’m sure there is a market for them, not everyone wants to pay $1000 for something for a rider you know?
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    I 'm not sure they would come out to peoples satisfaction as they were once an injection molded part.

I don't know how the material would hold up to gas, and accommodate the threaded inserts etc etc.

As time goes by, things will only get easier and people will laugh when they find out how hard things use to be to reproduce years ago...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //