//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Jet kit for 200x Carb?

--

Question Jet kit for 200x Carb?

Firstly, this is my first post so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

SO my question is, does anyone make a carb jet kit for the 200 style carbs? So far all I can find is single jets and I really don't want to order a bunch of single jets. Thank you in advance

--
    Jets really don’t go bad, and the need to re-jet is only for altitude or heavy mods.
    Let’s start with the need to change first. Float height, intake leaks, prior owner all systems of a poor running carb.
    Did you X run, and how? Changes to the X baffled, missing core, aftermarket pipe? Air box lid on or off?
    Was the carb beyond cleaning or is it still on the X?

--
    Well, it's a 185 that I got not too long ago. Had a cam and exhaust when I got it, long story short, I am getting a big bore wiseco piston and uni pod filter and I figure it should need rejeted after that. It's got a china 200x carb on it, Idk if that matters. And I figured it'd be good to have multiple so I can find the right size, unless there's a calculation for the size I missed?
    Last edited by ThePieman; 07-17-2019 at 03:53 AM.

--
    Big bore?? Or overbore piston like .020mm ? You’ll be fine don’t try and guess at it for now. Get the motor together plug in what you have. Then 3WW can dial it in. What mm is the carb over stock 185? Are you running the air box or Open(exposed) pod filter?

--
    First thank you so much for the help. Yes on the big bore. It's going to be 66mm and the pod filter will be open, I just went out and looked and the carbs look the same, I must've been mistaken on that one or misread something. My carb is 26mm which I believe is stock, but maybe not?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePieman View Post
    First thank you so much for the help. Yes on the big bore. It's going to be 66mm and the pod filter will be open, I just went out and looked and the carbs look the same, I must've been mistaken on that one or misread something. My carb is 26mm which I believe is stock, but maybe not?
    My opinion, run it with the airbox unless all you do is race. 26mm is not stock, the bike came with a 24mm Keihin from the factory.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Oh really? Everything I found (I didn't look awful hard) was 26 mm so I just assumed, but that just makes an ass out of u and me. I was only going to run it without the airbox for simplicity but I may put it on after all. Thanks again and sorry for my inexperience.

--
    Don’t get down on yourself....We are all learning together, your oversized carb should do the trick. Let’s get that motor on line and let’s us know on fire up Day.

--
    OKay, will do! Thanks again for all the help!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePieman View Post
    Oh really? Everything I found (I didn't look awful hard) was 26 mm so I just assumed, but that just makes an ass out of u and me. I was only going to run it without the airbox for simplicity but I may put it on after all. Thanks again and sorry for my inexperience.
    I am not saying it isn’t a 26mm. What are the numbers on the side of the carb?

--
    55ABVE, my new carb is just a cheapo off amazon but it fixed a couple of issues.

--
    If it’s a direct replacement, likely it’s ~24mm. You must have gotten lucky. I don’t know many that have had success with the knockoff keihins.

--
    That number was off the original carb, I watched quite a few videos that said they're okay and it had good reviews, but IDK I ran it once before I got tired of my motor smoking
    Last edited by ThePieman; 07-18-2019 at 03:44 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //