//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 200x motor swap

--

84 200x motor swap

I got an 84 200x and am milling over the idea about rebuilding the entire motor of the stock 200x or put a 2 stroke motor in this thing. Anyone have an idea of what 2 stroke motors will fit in this thing? I'm 100% a 2 stroke guy so in my previous thread i had said I'm on the outside with this being a 4 stroke. Anybody got some inside I'd love to hear it. Or, let me know what kind of parts I should look into for the stock motor to build it better with more top end power, hotter cam, exhaust, reeds anything else?

--
    Welder and a grinder handy? Well...then just about anything will fit.

If you're not worried about brand loyalty, a Yamaha blaster engine would be an excellent swap.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean hill View Post
    I got an 84 200x and am milling over the idea about rebuilding the entire motor of the stock 200x or put a 2 stroke motor in this thing. Anyone have an idea of what 2 stroke motors will fit in this thing? I'm 100% a 2 stroke guy so in my previous thread i had said I'm on the outside with this being a 4 stroke. Anybody got some inside I'd love to hear it. Or, let me know what kind of parts I should look into for the stock motor to build it better with more top end power, hotter cam, exhaust, reeds anything else?
    I built a pretty good 200X back in 2013. Spent alot of money on the engine performance aspect.

After I was done, I had a pretty quick 200 (as 200's go) stuffed in a really sh*tty chassis and it took all of two hours ride time and bottoming out on jumps a few times before I wanted to ditch the 200X chassis and go with something with a little more travel and more conducive to aggressive riding. Your preferences may vary, but I was disappointed in the chassis. It was designed as an entry level sport machine. It was a fun build and a fun ride, but it never lived up to my expectations without me needing to dump a couple thousand more into it.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just something to think about.

Again, just my opinion. If you don't care about that sort of thing, go for it.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Thanks guys and sorry for the delay on response.....I forgot my login then remembered I set this up for my fingerprint scan to log myself in

--
    I built a KX112 motor...it ripped but down low sucked cuz you wanted more. Just buy a 250r. I only build it since i had many spares left over from parting bikes. Topend wise it ripped and pulled away from a canam500 A nicely build up 200x will be more fun honeslty. I build a few of those also. You need to use 1983 250R suspension to make these things ride nice.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //