//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83 Tri Moto 175 Clutch issues

--

83 Tri Moto 175 Clutch issues

I have a 83 Tri Moto 175 and have been having issues with the clutch on it. When i first bought it i rode it around and then all tgh sudden i would give it gas and it would just rev the engine like it was in neutral. You could hear it shift gears but it wouldn't drive. So i opened up the clutch cover and saw that the "CIRCLIP,INNER" was shattered into about 4 peices. Its basically a retaining ring that holds all the clutch plates in place. So i replaced the parts and while I was at it i took apart the whole clutch basket and everything in it and ran everything through a parts cleaner to get all the metal flakes off. While it was apart i took a look at all the plates and it seemed like all the clutch plates were in good enough condition, not perfect.

So after all this I replaced the part put everything back together and filled her up with oil. It seemed to have fixed the problem and was riding great until about a week or so after. It started having the exact same symptoms as before. So I opened it up again to take a look but nothing looks broken.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong with it so I can try and fix it again.
    Last edited by puddinpoppat; 07-22-2019 at 01:45 PM.

--
    I don't know what type of parts cleaner that you ran your clutch parts through, but my first guess would be that you have contaminated your fiber plates. You may need to replace them.

--
    I'm pretty sure it's mineral spirits in the parts cleaner I used. Could it eat away at the plates that quick?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //