//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Random 250es showed up in my yard

--

Random 250es showed up in my yard

Was out of town today and upon arriving home I noticed something new in my yard. There sat a 1985 big red. Engine is siezed, but upon examining it i determined its likely just a top end/ ring stuck type. Goals is to get it running.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190803_175851.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	259575

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeless Dave View Post
    Was out of town today and upon arriving home I noticed something new in my yard. There sat a 1985 big red. Engine is siezed, but upon examining it i determined its likely just a top end/ ring stuck type. Goals is to get it running.Click image for larger version. 

Homeless Dave, one does not simply come home to find a trike in the front yard that they weren't expecting without an interesting backstory... Pray tell, was it a gift from Homeless Wife or a neighbor dumping off his unwanted projects on you?

Nice score though

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    And how does one become so fortunate? What kind of Karma is required?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Homeless Dave View Post

Lol that's what I keep telling my wife lol.

It worked for the first few. Nice score

Part out?

--
    Lol I’ve had that problem/ fortune with finding bike when I get home
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Well, is it turns out what happened was some friends of mine we're talking to somebody and then when they mentioned some three wheelers, the guy said "I have one in my backyard". Ended up giving it to him and they kind of dumped it off in my yard knowing that between me and some help it would probably run. Engine is no longer seized, I begin to thought that the stator might have been the problem so I took off the side cover case and I ended up being able to free it up however though now shifter is now not willing to move so I think I may have made the shifter Shaft come out of place on the other side. I'm fighting low compression trying to get it to start so I think I'm going to have to do something about the valves and maybe some rings. The goal is to get it running and so my friend can ride it during college being is that he lives not far from campus
    Last edited by Homeless Dave; 08-05-2019 at 05:18 PM.

--
    Does a 250es have tempered valve seats?

--
    I honestly don't know.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick B. View Post
    And how does one become so fortunate? What kind of Karma is required?
    No karma needed. I’ve been given a couple in the last year, one is a 200x, mostly complete and I’m an absolute asshole.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    I've seen tempered valve seats come loose and make some really confusing engine symptoms. If they break they can seize an engine, and if they stay intact they can make a valve stick.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //