//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 84 200ES Fork Rebuild.

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

84 200ES Fork Rebuild.

Had to take the forks off to work on getting axle out that is stuck. Doing so I see the chrome is pitted on outside in asmall spot on each side. Anyone have luck fixing? Front end seems good otherwise.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190804_182438.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	259578Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190804_182530.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	259579

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Those forks are crap on those machines, and parts aren't available anymore. Best bet is to swap it out with a 200M set of trees and forks. I think some have made 200S forks and trees work too.

Search function is your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yes I know about the fork swap. Yes I know about them being junk. Yes I know about the search function. I was asking if anyone had any long term luck with sanding the pitting down on fork.

--

84 200ES Fork Rebuild.

Trickshot, it’s only been a couple hundred miles on my ‘83, and I know it is slightly different than the ‘84. I’m definitely not expecting to double life out of them but I did just that and they are still 100% better.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...nt-shocks-fork
    Edit: Your tubes don’t look bad at all. How are the springs? Guides and boots are still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jd110; 08-04-2019 at 09:55 PM.

--
    Springs are great, just that outside pitting on each fork tube. Boots were good just stiff. Had to take the forks off so I can get my axle bolt out to change the tire. Its seized like the rest of them. Will get new guides and boots and sand the pitting down smooth. Thanks

--
    I've had great results cleaning up rusty/pitted street bike/dirty bike/trike forks with 00 steel wool and a little oil (I used whatever oil was handy each time).

Those forks look a helluvalot better than most I've seen, so I'm certain that method would work in your case for that application as well.

Edit to add: Yes, it was a fairly long term solution. I would need to hit them again every three years or so on the part that's exposed to the elements

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 08-06-2019 at 09:24 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //