//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Honda ATC125M 1987

--

Honda ATC125M 1987

Good Morning

I have joined the forum to try to get some understanding regarding a problem I have with my trike. Having not long owned this machine I have always had an issue with regard to accelerating the bike. If you push the lever quickly the engine bogs down and eventually catches up, its as if you have a weak mixture ... now though the bike starts but then after a few minutes dies as if its run out of fuel, you cannot get it restarted. If left, you might be lucky in it firing. I have checked the electrics out as per the service manual and can only conclude that the CDI unit might be at fault ? I have got a very feint white spark however. I have checked the stator etc and all continuities and resistances seem fine within limits, I have to point at the CDI unit ? The other problem if it is this, is getting a replacement, can I fit any type ? Mine has the 4 pin and separate 2 pin connector block arrangement, it has hb6 ci511 on it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mike

--
    Clean your fuel tank,,specifically your petcock. There is a blockage in it only letting fuel to trickle down to your carb. After you have cleared that, reclean your carb thoroughly,new spark plug, clean,oiled air filter,and some fresh synthetic oil and you should be set.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Yea kind of sounds like a fuel delivery or carb related issue. Generally speaking white/blue spark is good but not guaranteed good.

Also, thanks for posting the CDI model info, I was having a hard time finding that info for my tech info site. Pretty sure your CDI would be the OEM for your machine, HB6 pretty much confirms that. If you do end up wanting to replace the CDI, you'll want another one that's marked CI511 to get the same tuning, but in theory most/all that are marked with HB6 should work fine (maybe an aftermarket one exists with the right timing for HB6). According to the models I have logged so far, the 86-87 atc125m is the only machines in the HB6 group.

Also small side note, make sure the oil you use is certified for wet clutches, don't want to see you have shifting or clutch problems from the wrong oil type.

Good luck figuring your machine out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //