//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1983 200x bought from original owner

--

1983 200x bought from original owner

Hello Everyone,

I sold my ATC70 project when I got the chance to buy the ATC that made me fall in love with 3 wheelers. My neighbor bought this new in 83 and rode it up and down the street often then it stayed parked in his shed for years. The situation finally became right and he allowed me to purchase it form him. Everything seems original and he only ever changed the rear tires. He removed the rear brake caliper and master cylinder said they were hanging up on him. I sourced some OEM parts off of ebay for it and will have them on shortly. The tank has been sent out to get refinished on the outside, the inside was clean and shiny.

Some issues are the rear frame where it is close to the exhaust is getting really rusty. Not sure what to do on that.

I love reading everyone's comments and posts here. If anyone has any recommendations etc please feel free to guide me.

Last edited by Deshawnj; 08-08-2019 at 09:53 AM.

--
    Welcome

I can't see the pic

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    I changed image locations, let me know if this works.

Thanks,

--
    I can see the picture now.

--
    Looks like it's in great shape.

I've owned several 200X's and I'll say you won't be disappointed as far as a good all around, reliable, and capable ATC

--
    I wanted to get the tank restored first. These are some before and after. D and A Restorations in Louisiana did an awesome job.

--
    I'd say they did!

--
    Nice score. I don't see X's come up for sale very often. Tank restoration turned out great - decal placement looks bang on too.
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M
    1983 Honda ATC 200
    1984 Honda ATC 110

--
    My exhaust is super rusty on the outside, from the headpipe all the way. Looking for suggestions for now until I can buy a NOS one, or really nice used one that wont break the bank. I thought maybe header wrap the whole thing, but how far back can you put header wrap on an exhaust? Should I try taking it off, those head bolts haven't moved since it was new and I would hate to break one.

--
    Header wrap holds water in. Not good.

Exhaust studs can break but some propane torch heat can help as well as a few days soak in penetrating oil. They are still available if you break one

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 08-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //