//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Honda 200s CLutch plate replacement issues - Right cover re-installation

--

1985 Honda 200s CLutch plate replacement issues - Right cover re-installation

Hey all,

I'm just about done changing the clutch plates and springs..all when pretty well. Here's my issues and I assume a fairly easy fix....

When I can trying to put the right side cover, that was removed obviously to replace the clutches, It doesn't want to fit back on. It's as if something if sticking out too far to allow the cover to go back on. It's close but not enough to seat and bolt back up.

Any help would be appreciated. (heading back up to cabin tonight to finish)

~ Frato
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    Lean the machine on its side so the clutch parts stay put , can use a little axle grease to hold them in place , make sure the shifter linkage is pointed directly at the center of the clutch and pop the cover on . Should be that easy !!!!
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Just to make sure it's clear for me. ( a little new with the atcs)

I changed the clutch plates and springs and everything is back together except for the large cover that has the gasket. The cover physically will not go all the way on enclosing the entire assembly.

Does that change anything you mentioned? Sorry, I appreciate the response.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    Shortline's advice is solid, he's basically saying make sure everything is aligned so the cover can go on without obstructions. The only thing I'd add is to make sure your dowel pins (and their receiving holes) are clean and rust free as those can cause issues as well.

--
    Thanks. I was having a hard time understanding it. Understood. Thanks to both of you.��
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //