//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 28mm carb

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

28mm carb

Trying to decide what carb to go with want everybodys opinion. This will be a 200s i am going with 10.25:1 wiseco piston with about .020 to .030 milled off head trying to get it closer to 11:1 so i can still run pump gas, going with either a .370 or .435 lift megacycles cam havnt decided if the going .435 will i get all the performance out of it being i wont be going 12:1, i will be porting the head myself lightly mainly just cleaning it up i have a spare head i will end up sending off later on for a professional port job and maybe bigger valves, and i will be going with a performance exhaust obviously just not sure what brand yet. So i guess the question is will a 26mm carb be enough or will i get more performance with a 28mm i can always make my own intake manifold if going with 28mm but will it be a big enough gain to deal with doing that? Or could i go with a 26mm xr200 carb and just bore it out to 27 or 28mm and not have to deal with the intake issue going with the 28mm spigot mount carb? Thanks guys

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    If i go with 26mm carb what would be some good jet sizes to get?

--
    I found these on amazon has anybody tried them? Do you think they would work as a intake manifold for the 28mm mikuni if the hole pattern is the right size for 23$ its worth a shot i guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

--
    Ok it is the right hole pattern wonder if it would work good im going to go with the 28mm flat slide mikuni what would be some good jet sizes to buy with it for tuning with the mods im doing?

--
    Buummppppp

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Trying to decide what carb to go with want everybodys opinion. This will be a 200s i am going with 10.25:1 wiseco piston with about .020 to .030 milled off head trying to get it closer to 11:1 so i can still run pump gas, going with either a .370 or .435 lift megacycles cam havnt decided if the going .435 will i get all the performance out of it being i wont be going 12:1, i will be porting the head myself lightly mainly just cleaning it up i have a spare head i will end up sending off later on for a professional port job and maybe bigger valves, and i will be going with a performance exhaust obviously just not sure what brand yet. So i guess the question is will a 26mm carb be enough or will i get more performance with a 28mm i can always make my own intake manifold if going with 28mm but will it be a big enough gain to deal with doing that? Or could i go with a 26mm xr200 carb and just bore it out to 27 or 28mm and not have to deal with the intake issue going with the 28mm spigot mount carb? Thanks guys
    The stock carburetor will be enough.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    The stock carburetor will be enough.
    But wouldnt a bigger carb gain a little more power

--
    Maybe, to a certain extent. If your engine can use more air than your carb can let through, then you'll see a gain by going to a larger carb. Since the stock carb for a 200S is 22mm, and yaegerb says that the stock one will be enough, I wouldn't go larger than 24mm which is stock for a 200X. I'd trust him that the stock one will be enough.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Maybe, to a certain extent. If your engine can use more air than your carb can let through, then you'll see a gain by going to a larger carb. Since the stock carb for a 200S is 22mm, and yaegerb says that the stock one will be enough, I wouldn't go larger than 24mm which is stock for a 200X. I'd trust him that the stock one will be enough.
    I trust him just wondering why i was seeing threads of guys going to 28mm was just curious if it would be worth it also see guys going xr200 carb which is 26mm saying its an upgrade just making sure i will have enough flow for what im going to do i plan on doing all i can to this motor little at a time i guess ill buy a few dif size jets for whatever i do go with maybe a few sizes up and 1 down doubt it will go down any but never know

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //