//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200X motor seized looking for replacment options

--

Question 200X motor seized looking for replacment options

Hello I'm a new member and this is my first forum post ever haha but apparently if you want help with these awesome machines you need to join a club
    Anyway my motor seized on my 200X this morning while on a ride it made a weird noise like a unwinding of sorts then the kick shift is stuck and wont kick now.
    So I was wondering what my options are is there a new motor I can swap it with or anywhere to find a rebuilt one or can I just drop a 350 x in it or is that a bad idea lol any input or help is greatly appreciated I have had it 2 years now and live in the rocky mountains I ride it up every trail I can find and push it real hard I was told I was running it to lean and burned the piston up but wont know till I tear it down but would like a replacement while I rebuild thanks.

--
    tear it appart and rebuild it. 350x wont fit and is too large. Just rebuild the motor. a nice full rebuild top and bottom wont be more then $700 done right.

--
    You could find a 185 or a chain drive 200 engine with an auto clutch and make it into an AutoX.

--
    Sounds like the cam chain let go...after 30+ years. This could go 2 ways...but you gotta pull it apart. What’s your budget and skill to tool level? Just from the sounds of it, and the internal cases are good, it’s going to require top and bottom new valves/seats cam/chain hole nine yards. Send it off and have it come back race ready. That gives you time to attend to rest of the machine.

A few 200X’s all mod FT machines at the National level run CRF150R carbs. I would think with JD jet kit availability you could dial it right in for your altitude.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 08-20-2019 at 11:20 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazeris View Post
    Hello I'm a new member and this is my first forum post ever haha but apparently if you want help with these awesome machines you need to join a club
    Anyway my motor seized on my 200X this morning while on a ride it made a weird noise like a unwinding of sorts then the kick shift is stuck and wont kick now.
    So I was wondering what my options are is there a new motor I can swap it with or anywhere to find a rebuilt one or can I just drop a 350 x in it or is that a bad idea lol any input or help is greatly appreciated I have had it 2 years now and live in the rocky mountains I ride it up every trail I can find and push it real hard I was told I was running it to lean and burned the piston up but wont know till I tear it down but would like a replacement while I rebuild thanks.
    Rebuild it. Don’t swap it out.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //