//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: American made small engines SUCK

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    It's hard to find anything that ain't crap. I would pay the extra money but it is seldom out there.

I have 3 attic fans in my house that go through the top of the roof. All 3 went out over 2 summers and one had wiring so weak around it, squirrels found their way in (that's another story for the Pied Piper.)
    Got tired of climbing on top of the roof, removing shingles and putting another in place. Finally, after some digging and calling, a company sold some attic fans made in Germany. I shelled out the 3x the cost of the Chinese Home Lowes Depot crap and WOW!.....you could tell just looking at it how well it was made. That's been at least 4 years ago and those things are still churning and move some air.

Like ironchop said; obsolescence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56nut_9e8s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post

Compared to my truck oil change procedure which goes like "snake arm up through crossmembers and around hoses/wire. unscrew filter blind. let oil run down engine, wires, hoses, arm and into mouth, finish unscrewing filter and let it fall out of your oily fingers and into the bucket where it splashes everything within 2 ft with hot oil.

Some things are just designed better.
    LMAO! Amen!

You forgot the part where, after the oil change, your entire engine bay smokes and pollutes the air until all the old used oil you spilled on the motor and associated components finally burns off.... By next Tuesday.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    It's hard to find anything that ain't crap. I would pay the extra money but it is seldom out there.

I have 3 attic fans in my house that go through the top of the roof. All 3 went out over 2 summers and one had wiring so weak around it, squirrels found their way in (that's another story for the Pied Piper.)
    Got tired of climbing on top of the roof, removing shingles and putting another in place. Finally, after some digging and calling, a company sold some attic fans made in Germany. I shelled out the 3x the cost of the Chinese Home Lowes Depot crap and WOW!.....you could tell just looking at it how well it was made. That's been at least 4 years ago and those things are still churning and move some air.

Like ironchop said; obsolescence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56nut_9e8s
    Everything I have ever bought or used that was German made, was an amazing piece of work and superior to everything else.

Those boys know how to make things....

As far as anything being made like a POS these days, just remember that the CEO and CFO plan on their millions of dollar bonuses if they can cut down material or labor costs.

If you were promised a massive bonus, you'd probably do it too....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Arky-X View Post
    American and Japanese engineers staged a contest to see who could make the smallest widget possible. The Americans made the smallest round widget they could made with the finest toughest metal they had and sent it to the Japanese.
    The Japanese drilled a hole in it and sent it back.
    Germans probably weren't participants in this contest.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Everything I have ever bought or used that was German made, was an amazing piece of work and superior to everything else.

Those boys know how to make things....
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that you’ve never owned a Mercedes.
    It sucks to get old

--
    German engines are AWESOME......until they’re not.
    When they’re not; Oh boy.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    German engines are AWESOME......until they’re not.
    When they’re not; Oh boy.
    My engine was a rock, but everything bolted to it was junk. The only scenario that has me buying another one involves me winning the lottery, buying a new one and piloting it through the window of the dealership with The song “Balls to the Wall” playing at max volume.... that is of course assuming that the stereo is functioning.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //