//ArrowChat Code

Thread: I need help with a Honda 200es

--

I need help with a Honda 200es

I have a 84 Honda 200es I've been trying to bring back to life. I've got it running but it bogs and backfires about half way through each gear even in neutral (basically no power in 4th). I've replaced the carb, spark plug, drained oil multiple times because it had gas in it. Anyone have any ideas of what o should do next. The atc barely smokes so I think those motor is in okay shape.

--
    Could be mechanical timing (crank vs cam). First thing I think of is the carb being too lean for the main jet though, depends where the backfire is at, carb or just a misfire in the exhaust.

Also, you running the stock CDI? Ignition timing could effect things in weird ways too. Stock CDI should be marked CI-42 (969).

If the engine is smoking, that suggests to me the rings are getting pretty worn, normally a healthy engine doesn't have visible smoke xD.

--
    Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking it might have something to do with the timing because a bolt is missing for the cover from the previous owner. The backfire is in the exhaust. I also doubt it has the stock cdi because mostly all the wiring is bad and all taped together.

--
    I’m betting it’s the Chinese carburetor lol .
    Buy a good used original one and rebuild it with a Shindy brand carburetor kit .
    Problem solved
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    yea the missing in the exhaust like that I'd say lean condition. Fuel flow, carb, jets, etc. Don't forget, air box with lid on is the stock jetting, removing either effects jetting. Aftermarket exhaust makes the jetting change too, same with a rusted out exhaust.

--
    It had the stock carb when I got it and I cleaned it multiple times. I ordered the rebuild kit but it'll take almost a month before it's here so I got the Chinese one that's on it now. It ran a little better after I changed it but still has the miss when giving it gas. It starts on the first or second pull every time and idle good. Sorry if I don't know much about them. This is my first time trying to work on any atv

--
    Check out the pulse generator. See if the springs are good and that it is advancing your spark properly.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //