//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Aluminum sprockets?

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Aluminum sprockets?

Do aluminum sprockets hold up? just seems like steel on aluminum would wear. Also is there any company that offers a 38t for the 200s? i cant seem to find any

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I am also going to end up making a new front sprocket for my 200e bottom end once i get it rebuilt i am wanting to go to probably a 12t i will just machine the sprocket down on the 200e and buy whatever size i want for an s and bore it out make it probably a .001 press fit so i can true it up easier before i tack and weld it i think it would work pretty good wish there was a big enough market for them i would start making them probably tig it for nice looking welds and less heat so it wont warp proper heat control would take care.of.any warpage

--
    If anybody on here would like a dif size front sprocket for their 200e message me and let me know you would have to pay for the sprockets and shipping but i would be willing to help a fellow 3ww brother

--
    Can't wait to see some photos!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Aluminum sprockets are for the track, in my experience. As soon as I take a good long ride with an aluminum sprocket out into the woods/creek/mud riding, I can already see significant wear. Within a few hard rides, I can wear one out pretty quick.

I would suggest steel unless your trike only sees dry conditions

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Thats what i figured steel wears over time so i can only imagine how an aluminum sprocket would wear

--
    Im going to modify my 200e sprocket to a 12t pretty soon ill post pics ill tack it in the lathe so i can true up the bored sprocket to the "hub" piece

--
    Before you go threw all that work check out PBI sprockets. They have and can make tons of sprockets, steel and aluminum.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Thanks ill check them out im a machinist by trade wouldnt be hard at all but i will def check them out for my 200s i want a 38t i cant seem to find any

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //