//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Geez $19,700 "nos" 86 250r

--

Geez $19,700 "nos" 86 250r

This has to be the most ive seen someone ask for one. I put nos in quotations cause I doubt its nos but that is only my opinion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-honda-...edirect=mobile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aulbaugh; 08-26-2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added pictures
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

Ranvier is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Seller has a tecate and 350x listed as well.

--
    In a way, I hope he gets it.

I know that it only drives up prices for us guys with shallow pockets, so on and so forth, but guys with shallow pockets will also pour two years of hard work just to afford $2K worth of parts to make it nice..... Only to have it barely clear $1000 in the retail market. That hurts when you're a person with shallow pockets who now has to sell his/her beloved machines in times of economic crisis or whatever... Taking an $800 hit because you need money for your kids Xmas and nobody wants a cherry ATC200M

I went through similar when all the hipsters were buying up used Harley first, and then moving over to British bikes next about the time I was knee-deep in a hardtail Triumph Bonneville and an Evo Softail. The instant internet hipster demand drove the market for a that stuff sky high. Initially, I was pissed off about being nearly priced out of a hobby by kids looking for rebellion with more means and less children and bills than myself

Then I realized that I had alot of buddies who had shacks and garages or even real shops. They were doing better than I'd even seen them do. I have a good friend who promotes custom car and bike shows in middle Tennessee like the Redneck Rumble. He had a day job at Nissan and did the bike show gig on the side and the interest helped explode Tommy's promotion business. My buddy Dave was a stage bouncer for The Jerry Springer show. His side business selling British bike parts everywhere on the internet turned into a really good gig. I knew custom painters, stripers, builders, part strippers, machinists, wrenches, welder fabricators and thanks to the exposure by the hipsters, these friends were all finally making a comfortable living after years of scraping by and not having much to show for it. So I guess I wasn't so mad anymore after considering that. It isn't really all bad even though I used to buy an OEM T120 frame for $100 and now I need 8 times that much

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    The atc market isn't what it was 3 or 4 years ago.....I feel. Even if he gets the 20K that's no real indication of the market......only that some collector with a 10 million dollar house here and a 10 million dollar house there found a nice nos example.

Everyone's moving on to side by eaches

--
    I'm not convinced that bike is nos. It looks like a restoration to me. Andy Siebel just sold some of the nicest nos restoration bikes you'll find and I think he got 13k for his 86? Still nothing to sneeze at, but it's not 20k.

--
    Asking 20,000 dollars for a supposed NOS 3 wheeler and posting 12 shoddy pictures?
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I was talking with Andy and a few things he pointed out are the fuel cap and front hub are 85's. Another thing I noticed is the lower front brake guide looks like the 85 vs 86.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Rear fenders are not original 86 with the two raised warning labels and the front wheel looks like it has some rash, and I dont see any clamps on the fuel line. I also don't remember oem gaskets being green? I thought they were grey?

There's no way that's not a restoration, way too many red flags.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    Rear fenders are not original 86 with the two raised warning labels and the front wheel looks like it has some rash, and I dont see any clamps on the fuel line. I also don't remember oem gaskets being green? I thought they were grey?

There's no way that's not a restoration, way too many red flags.
    Good eye Bryan! Your right on the gaskets. Does that look like the original swingarm pivot bolt?
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    The front headlight cowl is not embossed like the original, it has the decal like the replacement ones.
    crepa, pezzo di merda....e vai a sucare cazzi su un aereo

--
    What is that behind the headlight guard, an exhaust spring?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulbaugh View Post
    What is that behind the headlight guard, an exhaust spring?
    That's the front fender stabilizer stabilizer.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    Asking 20,000 dollars for a supposed NOS 3 wheeler and posting 12 shoddy pictures?
    Exactly what I said.
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    The bike itself aside, anything you buy is a reflection of the human that owns it. I wouldn't buy a cheap gold watch from that seller by his words. That bike has more problems than Ray Charles performing surgery.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Seller used to be on instagram as Tecateking. I remember seeing these pics and this guy has LOTS of nice trikes in his collection. Hes in Dallas and not sure why hes not in instragram anymore but I recall seeing a never had gas or oil 250r and lots of NOS parts kicking around.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //