//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New to me 200es Big Red and some problems

--

New to me 200es Big Red and some problems

Another one joins the collection as I picked up this guy the other day:

Besides a bit of rust here and there, it smokes a little, and the brakes are nonexistant, its in pretty decent shape, other than...you guessed it: The front end (forks).
    The old, and deflated tire isnt helping, but you can see the forks are very crooked

After reading the forum a bit it is no suprise that they are like this, So I went looking for replacements.

One thing that came to mind was an ad for a parts big red not too far from here. turns out it was not a big red, but in fact a 85 250SX.
    After some reading I realized the front end would not directly bolt on, but There were some good parts and the price was right so i ended up picking it up as well...
    After looking it over a bit I realized that the front forks were both bent, I am wondering though if they are still repairable?

Both work like they should and cleaned up nicely besides that unsightly bend.
    Do these look like they are saveable? the bend is right where the lower fork clamp holds the forks.

I am aware the tire size is different between the two machines so I am not completely content with the swap, but currently the 200es has 22" tires on it, and while I would like to put the right tires on it it might be awhile for that. I do still have to look at the 200 forks some more to see just how bad they really are but I doubt they will be saveable.

Suggestions welcome,
    Thanks

--
    Forks can be straightened, you just need to find a place capable. However with shipping both ways and the cost of fixing and rebuilding, you may be better off finding something else. Other 200 forks can be made to work, check out justbigreds.com for more info.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    Forks can be straightened, you just need to find a place capable. However with shipping both ways and the cost of fixing and rebuilding, you may be better off finding something else. Other 200 forks can be made to work, check out justbigreds.com for more info.
    I am aware the 200M and 83 200 front end will fit, but I am trying to work with what I have. the more I look at it though the more I wonder if the SX is really ready to be parted out

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //