//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250R OEM Tires

--

250R OEM Tires

Is there any reason to keep dry rotted OEM tires with half tread of an 85 250R? I just dropped them off to get changed and I’m not sure if I should get them back or not. They aren’t in horrible shape but cracked enough to lose air out of all 3. I wouldn’t think they are so sought after that people are tubing them to continue use...
    - 85 ATC250R
    - 85 ATC350X
    - 87 XR200R
    - 00 XR200R (outfitted with long travel suspension)
    - 05 CRF80F
    - 08 DS250

--
    You can always throw them away later but when they're gone...they gone.

Pack them full of potting soil and plant some pretty flowers in them. The wife might like that.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You can always throw them away later but when they're gone...they gone.

Pack them full of potting soil and plant some pretty flowers in them. The wife might like that.
    Hahahaha I can almost hear her yelling my name the first time she sees it
    - 85 ATC250R
    - 85 ATC350X
    - 87 XR200R
    - 05 CRF80F
    - 08 DS250

--
    It can be done tastefully.

Bias ply tires are fairly easy....steel belted...dang difficult...BUT, you cut the side wall out of one side and litterally turn the tire inside out. ATV type tires generally make a globe shape. If you wanna get real fancy, you mount it on a junk wheel and leave the bead seated when you do this and the rim will become a pedestal for the thing to sit on. You can even cut designs out in the side wall.
    Working in a tire shop...I have made many of these over the years. Popular with the hipsters who are suckers to buy anything "Up-Cycled"

I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

--
    When I was growing up, my neighbor had one of those in their backyard. It was "2nd base" when we played kickball.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    You should probably ignore my opinion, since I am a habitual hoarder...

I would keep them as long as they aren't totally falling apart. If they are just slow leakers, and have half tread left on them, they could be usable some time in the future if you needed by tubing them. Of course, not a first option, but if somebody REALLY wanted to run original tires for whatever reason you'd have them. There is a lot of debate about why people want to run the OEM tires... not saying you should or shouldn't, but people do.

If nothing else, throw them up on e-bay. There are all kinds of "won't hold air" OEM tires for sale for more money than you'd expect.
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    If nothing else, throw them up on e-bay. There are all kinds of "won't hold air" OEM tires for sale for more money than you'd expect.
    Good idea, I’ll start a .99 cents bid and we’ll see just how much they’re really worth to someone!
    - 85 ATC250R
    - 85 ATC350X
    - 87 XR200R
    - 05 CRF80F
    - 08 DS250

--
    You'd better start higher than that. I'd say to start at $50 plus shipping. Some people are absolutely NUTS for OEM tires.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //