//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 250R Rear Fender Support

--

85 250R Rear Fender Support

Opinions on the need of the rear fender support stay (80116-HA2-000)? I searched the forum but came up empty. The bike I got doesn’t have one and the side of the fenders sag down, I’m thinking the lack of the support could be the reason, or it could just be from rollovers. The back portion is buckled behind the seat corners on both sides. I’m assuming they are old maier fenders, they have faded but aren’t cracked, no Honda identifications on them.

Lastly, does the support piece fit on the new maier fenders? I’d hate to buy one off FleaBay for $80 just for it to not work when I replace them.

I’m sure I’ll look back on my initial posts and laugh at my questions. When I was younger I didn’t give a crap about the stupid stuff, I just rode hard and couldn’t afford anything other than what was absolutely needed to keep it going... Yeah, you remember...repacking bearings instead of buying new ones, or whatever it took to save a buck for gas.
    - 85 ATC250R
    - 85 ATC350X
    - 87 XR200R
    - 00 XR200R (outfitted with long travel suspension)
    - 05 CRF80F
    - 08 DS250

--
    The new Maier fenders can take the middle support but you have to drill a hole on each side of the fender to hold the bracket.

In the video you can see around the 6:35 mark the screws on the outside and what it looks like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtmBOgOt6Y
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulbaugh View Post
    The new Maier fenders can take the middle support but you have to drill a hole on each side of the fender to hold the bracket.

In the video you can see around the 6:35 mark the screws on the outside and what it looks like.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtmBOgOt6Y
    That explains the holes in the fender I have now. At some point the support must have been removed, maybe because it bent... Thanks for the info
    - 85 ATC250R
    - 85 ATC350X
    - 87 XR200R
    - 00 XR200R (outfitted with long travel suspension)
    - 05 CRF80F
    - 08 DS250

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //