//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No spark after top end rebuild

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    It’s as simple as putting a screw driver in the spark plug hole to find TDC , cam lobes pointed down and set the valve lash . A few degrees either way isn’t going to make a difference .
    The tick noise is probably a loose timing chain .
    I took the cap screw out put a 3mm bolt in there and pushed down and pulled up didnt changed the noise its def coming from up top im going to reset the valve lash with a screwdriver or indicator instead of the index marks and see what that gets me is .002 the right clearance i wouldnt think the 10.25:1 piston would change the valve lash specs right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    I took the cap screw out put a 3mm bolt in there and pushed down and pulled up didnt changed the noise its def coming from up top im going to reset the valve lash with a screwdriver or indicator instead of the index marks and see what that gets me is .002 the right clearance i wouldnt think the 10.25:1 piston would change the valve lash specs right

Im pretty positive i put the cam chain guide in right hope i dont have to tear it all.the way back down if so oh well it wont take long

--
    Im pretty positive i put the cam chain guide in right hope i dont have to tear it all.the way back down if so oh well it wont take long

Def not cam chain its just right has to be valve lash hopefully setting it without the index marks will do the trick if not ill be tearing it back down i didnt do the clay trick on top the piston but i did turn it over by hand and nothing was hitting that i could tell i doubt the piston is hitting the valves its def timed correct ill let yall know what happens

--
    Ok guys valves were way to loose true tdc is a little ahead of the t index mark i should have done this to begin with but u live and you learn another problem im using a carb off a 200e and i have the idle back out all the way and its still idled to high the barrel is sitting all the way down in the carb the cable is good and isnt sticking idk what else could be causing it

--
    Def not cam chain its just right has to be valve lash hopefully setting it without the index marks will do the trick if not ill be tearing it back down i didnt do the clay trick on top the piston but i did turn it over by hand and nothing was hitting that i could tell i doubt the piston is hitting the valves its def timed correct ill let yall know what happens

Thanks for the help everybody i got everything squared away nothing like rebuilding somthing put all that time into in and realizing somthig isnt right my true tdc wasnt dead on with the index so that was my ticking problem got that solved tore the carb down started inspecting the cable more and the cap to the carb wasnt screwed all the way onto the piece that the cable slides through causing it to basically give it gas when i wasnt on the throttle i never checked it when i put it on lesson learned shes idleing awesome now and has so much more power and response its night and day difference i cant wait to get a cam bigger carb and better exhaust on it i will be extremely happy for what it is i love it nice and light can go just about anywhere and get it unstuck by myself good trail and hunting bike happy labor day i appreciate all the help it womt be the last time im.sure lol

--
    I also opened up the intake some mainly in the throat where the valve seats it has to kind of go around a lip so to speak so u opened it up made it more of a straight shot so the air can flow better and cleaned up the casting marks and i opened up the exhaust side pretty good made it more of a straight shot for the gases to go out and port matched my intake to head and carb to intake you would be surprised at the size differences making it harder for air to enter had probably 1/16 of a lip from carb to intake and also from intake to head which im sure slowed flow down a good bit between the high comp piston and the port job i did its a huge difference barely blipp the throttle and it just wants to go i use to have to smash it to take off fast

--
    Where's glamy when you need him?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by floydechoes2000 View Post
    Where's glamy when you need him?
    I miss my girl

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //