//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No spark after top end rebuild

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

No spark after top end rebuild

Just finished rebuilding my 200s top end now i have no spark had spark before i did everything by the manual all connections are good anybody have any ideas?

--
    Start with the pulse rotor. Make sure it's not 180 degrees outta time.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Could my pulse rotor air gap be to wide i set it at .018 book said .015-.025

--
    Ill double check it but i did it exactly by the book flywheel on the f index mark lined the pulse rotor up with those index marks and set the air gap

--
    I do remember before i took it apart i lined up the f index mark and the pulse rotor was ahead of the index mark a little and ran good

--
    Im going to open it up and double check the timing and cdi did it by the book but obviously somthi g isnt right it had fire before no way somthing quit working that fast

--
    Try removing the spark plug cap from the plug wire. Trim 1/4" or so off the end of the wire and put the cap back on. Sometimes the end of the wire gets worn and you can't screw the cap back on and have a good connection.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Try removing the spark plug cap from the plug wire. Trim 1/4" or so off the end of the wire and put the cap back on. Sometimes the end of the wire gets worn and you can't screw the cap back on and have a good connection.
    Ill try that may have to get a new wire last time i tried to get the boot off it would budge here what it looks like f index is lined up and the pulse rotor index marks are lined up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

--
    Well i got it fired up un did all the connections amd re connected and boom got fire but sounds like my valves are ticking i set them .002 at tdc any advise?

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Well i got it fired up un did all the connections amd re connected and boom got fire but sounds like my valves are ticking i set them .002 at tdc any advise?
    Did you try adjusting the cam chain?

ETA: Did you remember to put that little rubber plug in the head?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Did you try adjusting the cam chain?

ETA: Did you remember to put that little rubber plug in the head?
    I put the plug in and i adjusted the cam chain has to be the valves

--
    Def valves anybody have any suggestions ill have to take the motor out to re set the valves thats what im going to try next do i need to set them at honda specs or is there dif specs on the valves for a wiseco piston i couldnt fimd anything on it i set them at .002

--
    Heres a video of the sound its a loud tick obviously coming from valve area im going to take the motor back out and see if i can get an indicator on the top of the piston and fimd tdc that way and reset the valves instead of relying on tbe index marks i think thats wjere i went wrong

--
    Here it is https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5d6d301c...902_095946.mp4

--
    It’s as simple as putting a screw driver in the spark plug hole to find TDC , cam lobes pointed down and set the valve lash . A few degrees either way isn’t going to make a difference .
    The tick noise is probably a loose timing chain .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //