//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 Tecate Big Bore with stock pipe

--

1986 Tecate Big Bore with stock pipe

Hello,

I am restoring a 1986 Tecate I just got for a smoking deal. The engine had overheated and the cylinder is badly scored. Seeings as how it sounds like the stock cylinder cant be bored out has anyone ported and ran a big bore kit with a stock pipe as I want it to look stock as possible.

Thanks

--
    Stock 2nd gen tecate pipes were surprisingly good from the factory, I bet it would work well with a big bore. I'm not sure who you'd need to go through to get it big bored, maybe try Eric Gorr? Or, the easiest thing to do would be to sell it to me
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Those cylinders can be bored to clean up the cylinder walls, if they still have enough wall thickness. Download manual from this site. They must then be replated.Thats about $325 for nikasil plating. You could also sleeve the cylinder.

--
    I believe Kustom Kraft offers a big bore for that engine.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I'll be doing some Tecate Big Bore work in the near future. I have billet heads as well, but I know you're looking to remain the stock appearance.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Kustom Kraft does do big bores on the kawasakis. Idk if I would recommend them though. I had a bad experience with them last year and will never go back. Other people like US Chrome may be able to do a big bore if you ask.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //