//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Rekindling my love for the Honda ATC

--

Rekindling my love for the Honda ATC

I first joined this site many years ago. I was young, not so bright (not saying I am now) but knew I liked three wheelers because that's what was around when I was young. My cousins always had them, I never had jack because the fam just didn't have the money. Turned about 20 and started buying them to fulfill my childhood dreams!

I started with an 81 200 and then added an 84 big red. I rode those for a few years and sort of got on with other things in life leaving them to a nice safe garage. Years later they needed work and I found a guy that takes old three wheelers and brings them back to life, and sold them to him (I knew they would ride again!). In return he gave me a good deal on an 81 atc 185s and shortly thereafter an 85 250sx. I'm a bit big, even for the sx, and honestly while it is awesome and I love it, it just didn't handle that well for me. I wanted bigger firmer tires, and the rear to be a bit wider. So, I got a hair this weekend and took the front tires off my kodiak 450, reversed them, and put them on the rear of the sx. Besides being able to paddle through a swamp now the thing handles MUCH better, and it goes a bit faster due to the larger wheel size.

My front tire though, it's the original. And, I can't turn worth a hoot unless I'm in grass, on a gravel road the tire just slides. I'm sharing pics for fun and I'm also open to any thoughts on a larger diameter front wheel, something to match the rears but I'd also like to go skinnier. Who cares about my back (which I broke a few years ago, but slipping on my deck vs an epic wheeler trick gone wrong), I just want big, narrow, and tight as far as the wheels go. If I want a soft plush ride resembling a lazy boy recliner I'll go ride a big new quad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250sx 1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	259866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250sx 2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	856.8 KB 
ID:	259867

--
    Thanks to another post on this site, http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t-wheel-option , I found a great front wheel option.

The trike handles AWESOME now, I feel like I have more control on this set up than on any 3 wheeler I've ever had. Very happy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250sx new front tire.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	259905

--
    Looks good glad you were able to find a wheel option. This place is great for it.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //