//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mystery wheels

--

Mystery wheels

Found a pair these wheels, but now I’m not sure what they where for. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Suzuki

--
    Nice nail and washer to hold the hub/wheel on lol. If the machine runs and is rode at all, I'd suggest getting the axle nut or your hub(s) will wear out fairly quick from being loose.

--
    I’m sure it’s been ed. If you think that’s nice, then you’ll like this cardboard/shirt cuff gasket. Lol

I grabbed it to sell the seat and use the wheels. From the picture, I was hoping the wheels were Honda, so I could use them on the 350.

--
    Haha, now that's priceless, I guess they did that from the cereal box gasket idea. I've made my own gasket before for a clark gas tank, was only a temp solution but I cut a gasket out of rubber roofing, found out rubber roofing is not gas safe, it swells up a lot, but it worked till I had to put more gas in it.

Anyway, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, doesn't really matter for function of the rim, you just need to match the bolt pattern and make sure the offset clears like the exhaust and such. Also rear hubs interchange quite often to other brands, like Tri-z/blaster hubs fits on one of the Honda axles I tried it on, I think it was a 84 200ES axle.

Typical Honda bolt pattern is 4x110mm for the rear, the way you measure it is across the studs (furthest ones) center to center (also can do like left to left, just use the same side of the stud/hole for start & end point measurement). Most people don't have tape measures that do cm/mm so 110mm = 4.331in or about 4 5/16in

For $50 I'd pick machines like that up all day long =).

--
    It’s definitely the most fun or funnest looking machine I own. Came from California. Hehehe ;()
    I’m going to look at these, soon:

They are advertised as 200x wheels. He wasn’t sure if they are 8” or 9”. It’s an hour an a half away, but for $100, I may be able use them. I think the valve stem is in the wrong spot for 9”, though.

--
    Kind of looks like ATC250R rims, I sold a front gold rim for like $80 not too long ago from an 86. Sold the hub for $100-125 too.

--

Mystery wheels

If you’re thinking ‘83-84 atc250r from what I can tell, you might be right.

--
    No clue on the year, just know the 250r front hub and rims are gold, not sure about rear hubs. The 200x had silver rims, so clearly not stock 200x wheels lol. Pretty sure the 200x uses 4x110 bolt pattern for the rear tires, so these should get what you need.

--
    Those are some different looking hubs
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Yea they are. Suzuki ran gold rims fairly commonly from what I've seen, so maybe the hubs aren't Honda? Not too many options for front hubs though that look like that.

--

Mystery wheels

Buying this stuff in person, is about as much fun as using it—for me anyway.
    Turned out he grew up with the guy that sold me the 82 250. Gave me some extra stuff and showed me his 84 250r with a 400. Had reverse, electric start and the 400 swing arm. Super cool!! couple 83-84 250r air boxes and an 85 200x right foot peg.

--
    No pictures of the 250R with the 400? I'd love to see some pictures of it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    No pictures of the 250R with the 400? I'd love to see some pictures of it.
    Nope. I wouldn’t do that. But, if he offered and gave me permission, I’d love to share it with you.
    First thing he said was it was a “b**ch”, followed by, its a ltz. I said “Suzuki?” He shrugged and told me Kawasaki made them, also. It had the entire rear end from the ltz.
    Told me he had it at St. Anthony last week.

--
    350, I talked to him and it’s no problem.

He mentioned again what a royal pain it was. Told me he started it, only because he had the parts. Also said he’s glad he did because it’s a “riot to ride”.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //