//ArrowChat Code

Thread: electric avenue

--

electric avenue

i got a 84 kawa kit 200c and the wiring is a nightmare. none of the lights worked, won't start, just the fuel pump goes when i have the key in the on position. i don't know if the 200c and the regular 200 electrical diagram is the same. if anyone has a wiring harness for it, or has any advice, id appreciate it. thanks

--
    Looks like you have a KLT200 (model C2, aka 1984). Here's the part page for the main harness, seems to be out of production even though it's listed for sale.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ka...154052a8393fdb

The harness is interchangeable with 83-84 KLT200 (C1 and C2).

Anyway, there's a lot of things that could be at fault for no lights, no spark (or is it no crank?). I don't see any wire diagrams, and I don't see a digital copy of the service manual.

I just bought one off ebay for B1 and C1 (1983), since the harness interchanges most of the electrical should be the same, so in a few days or so I'll have a wire diagram to reference.

Unless the harness is clearly cut/modded I'd target checking fuses, testing the headlight switches and such.

I reproduce harnesses, but I don't have this model on hand, I've added it to my list of harnesses to check for once in a while. There's a couple on ebay, but the listings are too vague to be sure it's for the right machine.

--
    how much to make a clean wiring harness for me? i think that would be less of a hassle than to try to fix the mess thats there now. all that happens is that i turn the key in the on position, the neutral light turns on and the fuel pump goes on and thats it. i try to start it and nothing happens.

--
    I don't have a harness on hand currently, but based on similar models it would likely be around $75-100.

Ironically, my cousin dug out his 250sx and sent me a message that his harness might need to be replaced, had him do some testing and found he disconnected main power wire that powers the lights/electric start. If you have a multi meter we might be able to trouble shoot where the issue is. A fresh harness doesn't hurt things, but it does nothing if it's another part at fault. If the wiring is a mess though, then there's a chance it might have been modded/messed up and that could be the cause, I just would hate to make a harness for you and find out it was like the ignition switch or something simple.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //