//ArrowChat Code

Thread: hand me down 82' honda 185s

--

hand me down 82' honda 185s

recently I discover my old trike ( 82'honda 185s) my father gave me when I was a boy out on his property. instantly It was like I was a kid again. so iv decided to restore it an make a few improvements. an pass it on to my son, even if his mom isn't to thrilled about it. I finally got it running did a little work to it bronze brazed the gas tank an red kote it witch i might of messed up so if anyone could help with that please. an fixed the finders an took the stock air filter off an put a different one on . iv been using the site for a few months picking up some good ideas here an there. an Im a big fan of the site . so thanks . a now iv picked up a 81' 200 i got for real cheap an im on the fence about what to do with it. id like to hear what ideas yall might have . thanks

--
    I bought an 82 185s new in 82. Those were awesome 3-wheeler years. By the time I sold it about 4 years later, it was fully suspended.

I'd like to have another someday.

If the either the 185s or 200 were mine, I'd freshen them up to near stock condition - complete with big, ballooney, round soft knobby tires. Maybe add a pipe if I could find a decent Bassani or Bills or even a Kerker for them.

Do a all the maintenance things - change oil, adjust valves, lube everything that needs lubing, make sure the brakes work, etc.
    Bonus points for cleaning the oil slinger that hasn't been touched in 37 years.

How are the seat pans?

Pics?

--
    Thanks .
    An Yeah on the 185s i don't plan on going to over the top. but i plan on doing the works. brakes an cables an put new bearings in once i brake it all down to paint the frame red an iv got the frunt finder complete its painted with spray in truck liner on the sides an bottom an red down the center the backs gona macth once done.
    But I do kinda want different forks with suspension up front. Just not sure what ones will fit .? Or if its worth doing
    An ill have to check out those pipes an see what i can stir up because the stock pipe gots to go haha but Thanks ill definitely check those out

Both seat pans are not very health but i thik i can weld them up or make it work ill snap a pic here be for i go to work an i may have a few on my phone i lost all my photos one of my kids spilt something on my laptop.
    I spent only a 100$ on the 200 an its a good deal but as iv been looking it over its going to be a rough one so i broke it down to make more room n my garage for now . I might swap out cylinders if i can? Ill have to look into.

--
    Cool!

I think DG still makes pipes for these things. I doubt anybody else does.
    All the cool old school pipes (Bills, Sparks, Kerker, Bassani, etc) will be 2nd hand luck of the draw.

Later 200s, 185s, maybe 125 suspended front forks should bolt on if you can get the whole assembly.

Otherwise, unless you're going for a cool retro-racer vibe, a complete, cheap 200X would be better way to spend $$ for a suspended old mid-size thumper 3-wheeler.

--
    Just adding the limited travel suspension off of a 1983 185S or a 200S makes a fairly big difference.

--
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]259960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-234643_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	357.2 KB 
ID:	259963
    im gona try an upload pics but not sure if I did this right but the rear finder an gas tank are not done painting yet. they will match of course. an I use the black spray in truck bed liner because a guy can only do so much mending, so I figured it help hide some of the bikes scares .. the finders an tank was beat pretty bad but now u cant tell from the top but if u look at any of the bottoms that's a different story the spray liner will help cover up the bottom. I hope ? thanks for all the advice ima start to dig around an see what i can come up with for pipes an fronts an again idk if i did the pics right or if i got all the ones i wanted so bare with me ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190902_091650.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	259962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190913_081158.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	259961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-234411_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	248.1 KB 
ID:	259960  
    Last edited by Dan1229; 09-14-2019 at 10:40 AM.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190912-234442_Instagram.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	259956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190902_091013.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	259957Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190817_053755.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	259958
    the pics are all mixed up but gives you idea of where i started an where im at now

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1229 View Post
    the pics are all mixed up but gives you idea of where i started an where im at now

Tweaked your pics a little

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    thanks, for doing that . I don't know what happened I tried to post more pics but they didn't pop up

--
    It's starting to look a lot better. Paint doesn't last very long on fenders if you ride it very much. I'm just warning you so that you won't be completely surprised when it starts coming off.

--
    yeah I kinda figure it wasn't gone be bullet proof, but your totally right because the paint started coming off before I got a chance to ride the trike .so after trying an failing to repair the finders multiple times. iv come to realize that paint doesn't adhere well to the plastics. I tried bondo, fiberglass an different epoxies the putty an the type that comes in a syringe. but after a lot of trial an error the only way I could get paint or bondo to really stick to the finders was the 2 part mix epoxy I put a thin layer over the hole finder an for now it seems to be working . but who knows . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finder.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	972.7 KB 
ID:	259972Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 trikes.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	259973

--
    Always interesting to see the size difference between the "S" models and the "not-S" models.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //