//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Throttle and idle problem

--

Throttle and idle problem

I have a 1985 200x and I'm having problems with my throttle. I took it apart from the throttle, all the way to the carburetor. Got it all fixed and put back together. Started it up and it revs up instantly, like I'm holding down the throttle the whole time, but I won't be touching the throttle. What can I do to fix this and why would it be doing this?

Thank You

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    sounds like you put the slide in 180 dagrees. It will go in both ways but only drops all the way in if put in correct. if 180 out you find out quick.

--
    I took it all apart yesterday and found out that my slide somewhat wasn't the issue. The throttle stop screw made it stay up which I think is what caused it to instantly rev up like it did.

--
    Come to find out that what I did, didn't work. What else can I do, because I am out of ideas?

--
    While the engine is off, If you actuate and then let the the throttle snap back quickly, can you actually hear the slide hit the bottom of the carb?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    What was the original problem? You mentioned having throttle issues, but you didn't say what they were. When you put everything back together, did you make sure that the throttle cable was routed correctly? If routed wrong, it can put some tension on the slide and may lift it up slightly.

--
    Is the needle bent? saw this recently where on an 86 200x the needle some how had become bent enough that it would not allow the throttle to return all the way. I think what happened in the case of the 86, was that somebody cleaned the carb and bent the needle by not putting it in correctly and tightening the top of the carb.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //