//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Opinion on galfer

--

Opinion on galfer

I just wanted to know if anyone has used galfer brake lines? I'm wanting to get my auto x going for Hatfield. Any input would be appreciated. Thanx

--
    I have a few and they are as good as any other off the rack, but I prefer Spiegler if I'm custom ordering.

https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake...line-kits.html

Pick your length, color and banjo angles (sheathes are also available) and then when they arrive the banjos are swaged in such away that they can be rotated for a perfect fit. The only iffy thing about them is that the banjos are aluminum as are the washers and bolts.

With trikes and dirt bikes its never bothered me, but on road bikes I get a little queasy thinking about things like electrolysis between dissimilar metals and such. There are DOT and TUV rated, but I don't really like an aluminum bolt I may have over tightened transferring fluid to the disc that is taking from 140 to 20mph as I approach a corner. I snapped the head of an 8mm hardened socket cap the other day with about 10# of pressure. Turns out it was cracked 3/4 through at the head and already corroded and it was new!!! But I digress, use good judgment and if you opt to use steel bolts with aluminum fittings be educated as to what might happen some day, especially when water enters your system due to the hygroscopic trait of your brake fluid.

--
    I put one on the front of a 83 200x I put back together last year. I am happy with it and am considering buying the rear soon.
    1982 ATC185s
    1982 Suspended ATC185s
    1984 ATC70
    1984 ATC 250r
    19?? Motorcraft Three wheeler
    1974 Pacesetter 3
    1984 kawasaki 185
    1977 Atc 90
    1983 ATC 200x

My suspended ATC185s build thread.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...s-Build-Thread

--
    I appreciate that a million guys, I wasn't sure about Ebay new stuff. I'm excited to get this project started. I've always rode the 250 big red at Hatfield and me and kiser has always threatened to take our auto XR's. Thanks again fellas

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //