//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New guy in town

--

New guy in town

Hey everyone! I came across the site while researching info on rebuilding / restoring a '85 250R.

I've already discovered that there is a ton of very useful information here, as well as very knowledgeable members. I look forward to input and advice as I start this build.

Dave

--
    Welcome to the site, and good luck with the build.

FYI, there's several parts that are different before 86 and 85. Generally the differences are small, but still differences. Quick example is the connectors used for the 85 regulator vs 86.

--
    Thanks ps2fixer!

It's those little bits of information that I was talking about

--
    Yea I know, that's why I mentioned it =). There's a build thread for an 86 and the OP ran into a lot of those kinds of issues and documented it. It's a lot of reading, but here's the thread.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...250R-Adventure

Also another tid bit of info, the 85 and 86 harness can be interchanged, however the CDI needs to match the harness along with the voltage regulator. Almost all the listings on ebay claims they are the same, so don't trust ebay listings unless it says the exact year the part came from. So far that logic has worked really well for my harness collection, that or research images of each year and visually identify the differences and validate with multi sources etc. I put too much effort into that stuff though lol.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //