//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yellow Zinc Plating?

--

Yellow Zinc Plating?

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is doing well. Still tinkering with this little 86 125m. The two "fender stay" brackets that bolt to the bottom side of the seat appear to have been yellow zinc plated from the factory.....said finish has now worn down to pretty much nothing. Does anybody have any recommendations on where I could get them re-plated? I've looked around a bit in my local area and nobody seems to do much yellow zinc.

--
    Whoever Mike Palmgren at Vintage Motorsports Restoration uses has to be the best Yellow Zinc plating I have seen.
    My coater does it but it never looks as good as the clear zinc coating they do.
    "See, morbid and creepifying, I got no problem with, long as she does it quiet-like. "

Trikes:
    1982 Honda ATC250R(in process), 1984 Honda ATC110, 1984 Honda 200s, 1985 Kawasaki KLT160(not running...yet)
    Quads:
    1990 Suzuki LT250S, 2013 Suzuki LT-Z400, 2014 Honda TRX450R SE

--
    You may want to consider doing it yourself.

I've used the Caswell system and the Eastwood system. The Caswell system has blue, yellow, olive chromates...... The entire system is a little costly compared to the Eastwood system but there sure are a lot of fasteners on your 125.

--
    Do it yourself Follow these steps and you will be thrilled..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_e9EAJiiwY&t=2088s
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //