//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Who rebuilds ATC's in Michigan?

--

Who rebuilds ATC's in Michigan?

Looking at options for a fresh rebuild here in Michigan. I've talked to a few places and they are not interested in working on that old of a machine. (84 200x)

Before anyone mentions it... yes I'd like to rebuild myself but it would be my first time and I don't have a heated shop space to work on it.

Any reliable shop/person in Michigan that does this?

Thanks!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    I'd assume calling businesses that work on small engines might be a fair option. I suspect not too many shops do rebuilds since the labor adds up fast plus head work and cylinder work probably has to be outsourced to a machine shop. I'd offer to help, but you're a fair distance away, and I also don't have a heated shop to work in. Maybe someday soon I'll get my pole barn built.

--
    Thanks PS2FIxer. Yeah, I've called around to a few places and most don't want to work on them due to the age of the machine. It looks like I'm going go in a and do a virgin rebuild. I'll probably send out the motor to have machining done and put er back together.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    Don't forget cleanup after the machine work as some shops don't clean out the metal shavings. If it's just the cylinder that's a little different though. You always have the people here to fall back on if you get stuck on something or are unsure. Of course you'll want a service manual to have the specs, a digital caliper and some other measuring tools depending how deep you want to dig into the engine.

--
    Again, thanks! To most die hards the rebuild is a piece of cake but it's definitely going to be a little tough for me just from a learning curve stand point. Appreciate the response and suggestion.

~Frato
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

--
    If you want to ship the motor I can rebuild it. PM me if interested.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    [QUOTE=yaegerb;1501742]If you want to ship the motor I can rebuild it. PM me if interested.[/QUOTE

Thanks! PM sent.
    '84 Honda 200x ATC
    '84 Honda 200m ATC
    '85 Honda 200s ATC
    '85 Honda 125m ATC

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //