//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1983 yamaha 200e exhaust

--

1983 yamaha 200e exhaust

Been a while since I've been here, got married and bought a house, so the trikes kinda went to the wayside

However I just bought a 1981 Honda 200 (all original, super clean,) and a 1983 yamaha 200e for 600 bucks. That's right, 600 for both lol, couldn't pass it up.

The Yamaha has a totally blown out/ rotted muffler. Annoying to ride. It's in good mechanical shape, but not nearly as nice as the Honda. I've never owned a Yamaha 3 wheeler, and i didn't realize the entire exhaust was one unit. Has anyone else encountered this? If so, are there ways around just replacing the muffler? Whether it's slip on or whatever. I just don't wanna buy the entire system, because the rest is fine, and it's not really nice enough to buy a new oem exhaust. Just something I wanna take and have fun on once in a while.

--
    It’s a two piece pipe, I’ve never figured out how to separate the head pipe and the silencer, but I’ve seen photos of them apart.

I threw a perfectly good unit in the trash a few years back when space was limited and replaced it with a new Cobra, regretted it ever since.

My suggestion would be to pick up a good used one on eBay for around $100, drill a small drain hole at the lowest point, paint it and enjoy your trike.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 09-28-2019 at 10:33 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //