//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Search has done no good.... Carb overflow problem

--
    Update... rummaged through my shed and found the original carb!!!! Please point me in the right direction of which rebuild kit to use.

Thanks again!!!!

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by blownbayou View Post
    Update... rummaged through my shed and found the original carb!!!! Please point me in the right direction of which rebuild kit to use.

Thanks again!!!!
    Look for a shindy rebuild kit probably cam google it or look on egay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Fullsizechevy9 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullsizechevy9 View Post
    Look for a shindy rebuild kit probably cam google it or look on egay

G&h atv may have them now price wise idk who will be the cheapest will have to shop around for the best price but from what i have seen g&h has ok prices on most stuff but like i said usually u can find it a little cheaper somewhere else

--
    Don't buy the cheapest rebuild kit you can find, the jets will be junk and be the wrong size. Stick with the Shindy or JetsRus kits. You want OEM jets only, no off brand, no "like oem" no "oem replacement", or the simple term these sites should all use "aftermarket".

https://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/sh_03_027.html

If you want to go cheaper, replace just the jets and source the other parts where ever. The other option is to clean your existing jets really well, but you likely need seals, and maybe a spring or two if they are rusty at all, so pretty much buy the kit and use what you need, or put it all in the carb for best results. Don't forget you still have to clean the carb body and float bowl really well (blow air through all passages to make sure they are free). An ultra sonic cleaner works pretty well for cleaning the carbs after you manually clean them.

The amazon carbs you get are most likely made in China, so you're getting what you pay for. Whole sale those carbs are probably $5 each, that's about the price of one jet for the OEM carb.

Also, if your machine ever sits for much time, say 1+ months you should prep the machine. Drain the gas, run the float bowl out of gas etc. To avoid this extra step, run ethanol free fuel and don't use the pump gas any more since most places it's E10 (10% ethanol). Around my area E0 gas is about $1 more per gal and 90 octane but it can sit in your tank for a year and not cause problems. The E10 fuel absorbs moisture from the air which will separate the ethanol from the gas (settles in the bottom) and ethanol is corrosive so it rusts out tanks, eats rubber seals, etc. I have a 350x carb the float bowl cap was ate through from E10 gas. FYI, your carb is the lowest spot in the fuel system, all gravity based, so the ethanol builds up in the carb pretty bad.

Problem with E0 gas is finding it. I know of 2 gas stations in my area within 50 miles of me, luckily one is only about 10 miles away, the other is about 25. You can test if fuel is E0, E10, etc by putting a sample of the gas in a measuring container and adding a measured amount of water. E0's separation line is exactly the amount of water you added in, the excess is how much ethanol it has + maybe a tiny bit of water based additives. Here's a video to show the E10 vs E0 home test to make sure what you buy isn't over priced E10. Locally they call it recreational fuel, not sure if that's the norm for everywhere though. It's great stuff to run in pretty much any small engine that has a chance of sitting for a fair length of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEf9Fdvx_Sc&t=12s

--
    I always run 100% fuel in my bike..... Bought the Shindy off of Fleabay for a paltry 17 bucks and change. Will adjust my Chinese carb and use it for an emergency spare. Will update in a few days when I get the kit.

Thanks again to all!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //