//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 honda atc250es

--

85 honda atc250es

I have a 1985 honda atc250es that doesn't run very good. I am not sure what the problem is and if someone could tell me I would really appreciate It.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/etvyPKPjGb7QtF1f8
    Copy and paste link into search bar to see video of it running.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Have you cleaned the carb?

--
    Yes and tried some different jets but it didn't change anything.

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    After watching the video it sounds like it just needs adjustments....like air/fuel mixer screw on bottom of carb and then idle adjust. Is this the original carb or an ebay replacement?

--
    Original carb

--
    Can't view the video, seems like it got deleted?

If you put a new spark plug in it, run the machine for a bit, then pull the spark plug and look at it's color, it will indicate if it's rich, lean, or just right. Normally best to do one plug at idle or near idle, and another in the mid to higher rpm while riding it to check slow vs main jets.

NDD is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    You remember the fire triangle? I use it for the most basic engine issues must consider compression remain vigilant of oil condition air fuel timed ignition source compression should run if all those conditions are met I just investigate one at a time usually verified quickly overall Regards

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //